Step 3 July Scrappy

rated by 0 users
This post has 211 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 7:17 AM

I agree #2 gives a greater contrast and shows up all your pretty "scrappies"!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 7:23 AM

Looks great in solids!  Your quilting is perfect for this quilt.  You had the courage to stick to your conviction, I made the second cut and was disappointed.  Alas, there is no "ugly" quilts, just well-loved!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:56 AM

MaxNTopeka:

Anyway....here's mine for the July Scrappy Project:

I think your July Scrappy came out perfect with your first blocks, very modern. I love it. What's the Alzheimer's Research Project you send them to? Sounds like a good one to support.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 12:34 PM

Judy E

I love the diagonal cuts.  Your quilt is gorgeous.  I am glad that you enjoyed yourself with this project.   It is so neat to see all the different things that can be done with scraps.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Helen and Judy--Thank you for your kind words!   Judy, I do my quilting on a little basic Janome 2212, using a walking foot.

JudyEE-- thank you!  Here is a link to the Alzheimer's Research program I donate quilts to: http://adcs.org/Default.aspx    If you click on the "Public & Participants" selection, then on the "Alzheimer's Study Quilt Project" you can learn more about the program.  The program coordinator, Jeffree Itrich, is really good about answering emails if you have questions. She is a quilter herself, so it really makes it nice working with her.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,882
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 3:02 PM

MaxNTopeka:
here's mine for the July Scrappy Project:

Max,

your solids look really good. I like your quilt and the quilting. Nice touch on the back too. WTG.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 5:40 PM

I'm for the second two. it keeps everything in that nice warm family.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 6:31 PM

I tend to agree with most everyone I am going with the second one.   Today I found out that a girl who is getting married next month, loves purple, so I am gonna give her the scrappy quilt with a note explaining that many of the first quilts were scrappy because they use left over clothing fabric.  I hope she likes the quilt and the history.  Thanks for everyones input.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:42 PM

Donna> I really like your quilt. And am glad that it isnt as hard as it looks. I am thinking about doing one as a christmas gift. My BL is really into tie die, and I think that a bargello would be perfect. After seeing yours I am really sure it will do well. Most of the ones I have looked at tend to be more horizonal but I like the looks of yours

oh I figured out why I havent been getting any emails the last couple of days, everyone left me behind on the other thread haha. oh well. I think I am going to cut mine more. but I think I might put some control in it by changing the width of the cut so that I hit more scraps that I want to cut down. so will have different piles for different sizes if that makes sense. I am happy about the way mine is turning out but not sure how I am going to finish it off might think about some sashing, Do you think that it will look good that way?

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:58 PM

If you would like a copy of the pattern, just let me know.  And what other thread is everyone on, I seem to be out of the loop too?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:41 PM

Judy, love the way you cut and arranged yours - good idea, beautiful job!  I got mine all sewed together today, borders and all - but too late to take a picture and post it--tomorrow will do.  Also will get back to my current Bonnie Hunter - blocks are all done, ready to put together.  Then tackle all the other scraps waiting for me!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 7:07 AM

thanks Donna

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 7:14 AM

I love the scrappy yet modern look of these quilts.  I have got to get busy so I can give this a try.

Robin

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 10:11 AM

Here is the Re-worked boarder on the scrappy.  My camera makes it look bluer than it is today.  But it is the second purple that most of us voted on.  I do like it a lot better.  Not so distracting.  Thanks again for all your help.  I hope the co-worker that I am giving this too for a wedding gift likes it.  Of course I have to quilt it before August 10. lol

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 11:14 AM

Nice change on the border. I'm sure your co-worker will love it.

Page 6 of 15 (212 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use