rated by 0 users
This post has 211 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,387
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 5:34 PM

Donna:
Here is my July Scrappy.  I am not sure what I think about it.  What do yall think????

I really like it Donna. Nice purples and great border fabric too.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 5:48 PM

Thank you all for your comments.  Most everyone likes the boarder.  I am still not sure but I have it hanging on the design wall to see if it grows on me.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,387
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:35 PM

lcqultr46:
I did diagonals for the third cut and then sewed together.

Nice work Judy E. I like the diagonal set.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Judy EE

Your diagonal cuts and layout are awesome!  What a beautiful quilt!!  Great job!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 7:13 PM

Nana,  you had a post of a controlled scrappy vs a scrappy.  Where was this, I would like to look up that pattern and directions please?  BTW thanks for all your help with this scrappy adventure.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,387
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 8:17 PM

Carol:
Anybody know why these group threads are wider than the regular ones?

No ads in the side bar.

Carol:
I have my July scrappy blocks done, finally, after my company left.

I like your blocks. I see some flying geese in there.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 10:15 PM

Auditioning new fabric for the scrappy outter border.  I think the second one is best, what do yall thing?

• Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,940
Sheila replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 10:44 PM

Donna, I like the first border with the purple and tan (or gold?, can't tell, it's a little blurry), it plays great with the inner tannish border.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 344
Points 5,990
PennyWyo replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 10:54 PM

I like the second, Donna.  It calms the gold down and says WOW!

Penny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,387
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 1:32 AM

I agree with with Penny. The second option works better for me.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

Donna,

I vote for the second dark purple, also!

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

So many pretty quilts!  Hope I don't leave anyone out. If I do, I didn't mean to! Honest!

Gwen--I really like the way your blocks look.  Very nice!  I'd have a hard time cutting them up, too.  Your MQ6 is lovely. It has such nice dignified colors...refined looking!

Judy--Your borders really make your quilt top!  Your young man will love this quilt!

Nana- Your Scrappy Garden is beautiful!  Don't know how you could let somebody sit on it and eat fried chicken...way too nice!

Carol--Love your blocks!  The b/w prints really pop! Can't wait to see how you border it. You always do such wonderful borders!

JudyEE-- absolutely love the way you set the top together. Makes it look like a very different top from the other scrappies.

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

I finally got my July scrappy quilt together, except for the binding.  I just can't decide how I want to bind it yet. An idea will wander by...I'll just have to wait for it!

I got the first step of the instructions done without any problem. But when I put the blocks on the design board to see how they looked, how many I'd need, etc. I hit  a snag...I didn't want to do anything else to them except sew them together.  I TRIED, NANA!!! Honest!! I really tried. But I just couldn't do it.  I even took them down, worked on something else, and came back to them two weeks later.  Sorry, Nana!  I wanted to follow directions...

But I just followed my heart, sewed 'em up, and made a backing for them out of some remaining fabric.  I added three little accent blocks, made from scraps from the front. The back was looking kind of pastel-ey, and I thought they brightened it up a bit.  I also tried a new (for me) quilting pattern. I like it, but It was a bit of a PITA for me to lay out. Too much geometry for this old lady!  I used a dark variated purple thread for the top quilting, and a pale variated yellow/green thread for the back.

Anyway....here's mine for the July Scrappy Project:

And the back (blue at the very bottom is design board):

Thanks, Nana!  Both the June and July projects were fun! And I've got three nice lap quilts to send as donation quilts for the Alzhemier's Research Project.

Max

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Donna--My vote is for the 2nd less busy looking purple.  It think it will look great!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Max--your quilt is beautiful!  Love all the bright solids--it looks like a Modern quilt that you planned rather than a scrappy that "happened."   It's awesome!  

Your quilting is amazing too.  Did you do it on a long arm or your sewing machine?

You should definitely keep right on following your heart!!  

Page 5 of 15 (212 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use