Step 3 July Scrappy

rated by 0 users
This post has 211 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 8:14 AM

It's lovely!  The purples and pinks pop out on yours and looks great!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 11:21 AM

Anybody know why these group threads are wider than the regular ones?  Annoying to try to read when you have to keep moving it over (always have something to complain about, huh?) I have my July scrappy blocks done, finally, after my company left.  Now will sew them together and decide on borders.  I seem to have one extra block, (told you I like making these!)  so have cut it to put in the corners of the border.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 1:33 PM

Donna

I love it.  I see lots of purples and the yellows makes everything pop so nicely.   It looks really cheerful to me.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 1:34 PM

Carol

Very pretty.  I love the way the light blues pop in yours.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 1:39 PM

Nana:
If you decide to cut again you will need to do both of the steps again.  Otherwise your square won't be square...LOL

Nana - just read this post and am wondering if it really matters if the blocks are square.  Oblong would be okay I think - just use a wider border if you wanted it to be a bit bigger.  I haven't sewn the second cuts yet as the medical world has taken me over this past week.  Hopefully will get the second cuts sewn this weekend and then decide if I want to go for another cut or not.  This has been fun, thanks!

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 680
gwen replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 1:51 PM

Hi Donna!  I love your cheerful scrappy!! I think your border needs to be brighter, bolder.  Your block three rows down, second right has a pretty shade of purplish lavendar.  That color would work.  You MUst keep the inner border as a `break` to set the inner blocks apart.  Good Luck!!!  It`s already pretty smart looking.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 2:47 PM

Donna:

Here is my July Scrappy.  I am not sure what I think about it.  What do yall think????

Maybe the outter boarder is just too much.  Help?

I like the outer border Donna, I think it ties in most of the colors you've used.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 2:55 PM

Marge P:
 I haven't sewn the second cuts yet as the medical world has taken me over this past week

I hope you're doing ok Marge, good thoughts and prayers for you.

I did diagonals for the third cut and then sewed together. Resulted in 10.5" squares with a little different look. We had my dad's 94th birthday this weekend with all the grandkids and great grandkids over. They all thought this quilt would be great for I Spy games. So now I have requests for several more along the same line. Thanks Nana!

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 3:46 PM

Judy, I love the way you put yours together. My DGD was watching me trim mine and we played I Spy with them. Lots of fun. Got all of them trimed and now to sew together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,743
Points 364,857
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 4:00 PM

Nana:
This is my completed Scrappy Garden quilt.

I love this. I always like scrap quilts when someone else makes them. LOL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 188
Points 3,985
Debi replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 4:48 PM

I didn't do the slashing again. I asked my husband and he loves them the way they are, so off to sew them together and put a border treatment on. I am not too happy with the blocks, but am sure I will like it once it is done. I seem to be that way!!  I will post pics when it is together, hopefully later this evening or tomorrow. 

Nana, I love your borders! Thinking of 4 or 9 patches or a piano key for mine. I guess I can decide what size on the piano keys, whether to use 4.5, 6.5, or 8.5" strips?  I love the frame you used, I may borrow that idea. Yours is beautiful!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 4:56 PM

Judy, I just love your layout.  Beautiful scrappy!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

JudyEE. this looks great!!

lcqultr46:

Marge P:
 I haven't sewn the second cuts yet as the medical world has taken me over this past week

I hope you're doing ok Marge, good thoughts and prayers for you.

I did diagonals for the third cut and then sewed together. Resulted in 10.5" squares with a little different look. We had my dad's 94th birthday this weekend with all the grandkids and great grandkids over. They all thought this quilt would be great for I Spy games. So now I have requests for several more along the same line. Thanks Nana!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 188
Points 3,985
Debi replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 5:30 PM

JudyEE, I love what you did! Seems as if I don't have a creative bone in my body, I would never have thought of that! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,743
Points 364,857
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 5:32 PM

Judy:
Wow.  It didn't expect to finish today it but got my July scrappy top done!

Oh I love this one too. Great border fabrics.

Page 4 of 15 (212 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use