rated by 0 users
This post has 211 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,305
MizPat replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 1:00 PM

Judy and Donna,

Both your quilts inspire me!  I love the sailing-themed borders, Judy.  It gives definition to a quilt that could so easily been OK and made it OH WOW!  Donna, I've always wanted to do a bargello, just never had the courage.  WTG, especially for a first quilt.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 353
Points 6,270
Helen replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 3:34 PM

Your border fabric gives your blocks the "WOW" factor.  Beautiful quilt!  I am going on a hunt for the perfect border fabric, your quilt has renewed my appeal to these blocks.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 4:31 PM

Judy,  your quilt turned out great, nice choice, that border looks like you had it planned all along.

Donna ,I've always liked bargellos also, and finally made a wall hanging. The fabric was the hard part, nice job.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 5:19 PM

Thank you all for the nice comments about my bargello.  I agree with you Ginny picking out 17 or more different fabrics was a challange.  Of course my favorite colors are purple and yellow, so that was where I started.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 680
gwen replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 6:15 PM

My scrappy blocks which I'm finding hard to cut!!  And this is my MQ6 I haven't finished yet.  Lots to keep busy with this summer.  I do love the look of the 'cut up' quilts posted.  Tempted...I'll see.

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Gwen~ your MQ6 is beautiful! I love those fabrics. 

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 350
Points 6,050
PennyWyo replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 8:26 PM

Love your MQ6, Gwen.  Very elegant and romantic.  I have four or five yards of that little print with the pink flowers that I'm planning to use in a backing.  So  lovely!  Don't be afraid to cut those blocks; you'll be pleased with the outcome.  New experiences are good for the soul.

Penny

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Gwen--Like your scrappy blocks and your MQ6 has really sweet fabrics in it!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Susie:

Wow, Judy!  Great job!  I wish mine looked as nice.  But I think I have too many large pieces for it to work out well.  Maybe if I just cut it up one more time...I was thinking of using the DNP concept for another set of cuts.

Donna--beautiful quilt!  I'm terrified of that pattern, although I would like to make one some day.

Thanks Susie.

Try cutting your blocks one more time--Whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be interesting in the long run.   Please post a photo when you do the next cut!  Thanks.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

MizPat:
I love the sailing-themed borders, Judy.  It gives definition to a quilt that could so easily been OK and made it OH WOW!

That's quite the complement!  Thanks MizPat!!

Love all the comments from everyone!  Glad you folks like the idea of the borders!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:20 PM

Gwen, beautiful MQ6 fabrics and your scrappy is looking good too.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 10:37 PM

Here is my July Scrappy.  I am not sure what I think about it.  What do yall think????

Maybe the outter boarder is just too much.  Help?

• Post Points: 110
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 5:57 AM

What about a darker color?  I need to finish sewing mine together, I had to cut it another time.  Hope it helps.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655

I think the inner border sets it off nicely. Is the size an issue, is that why you added the outer border?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Hi Donna,

I like your scrappy quilt with all the jewel tones.  I like the fabric in your outer border.  It certainly picks up all the colors that are in your quilt so I can see why you choose it. It is really fun and cheerful!  I think it does work , so if you love it you're done!  

I you really want to change it, I think Jean's idea of a dark color is a good thought.  A deep purple perhaps?  You could audition a couple colors and see what you like best. The inner border is great--don't change that!

Let us know what you decide!

Page 3 of 15 (212 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use