Points 6,705
Helen replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 4:13 PM

Thanks Ginny for the link.  Very cool!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 4:17 PM

Congrats to you on finishing 32 blocks.  I will keep an eye for your picture.  I liked my blocks before I cut them up and don't blame you for keeping yours intact.  Love your name for it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:08 PM

As promised, here is the completed table runner called Strip Fencing.  I love the way it looks, the colors are better in real life than the pic.  I just hope I can give it as the gift as I planned.  The good news is I have enough of the material left to make another one like it if I want.  Maybe I should have put some solids in between the floral, what do yall think????

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,713
Points 138,920

Donna:

As promised, here is the completed table runner called Strip Fencing.  I love the way it looks, the colors are better in real life than the pic.  I just hope I can give it as the gift as I planned.  The good news is I have enough of the material left to make another one like it if I want.  Maybe I should have put some solids in between the floral, what do yall think????

You used really beautiful fabrics and I like it as is. You could certainly use some solids for an alternate look or if you want to frame or accent a floral fabric. Play with it on your design wall, if you have one. Or lay them out and see how you like alternating with solids. If you use light solids the florals will pop to the front and if you use dark solids they will look framed, I think.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Penny--I like your earth tone blocks a lot. 

Ginny L--you mentioned sending your company to the beach.  Your quilt looks like the ocean!

I really like these!  

Can't wait to see what Nana has in store for us next!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 8:55 PM

Donna

This is a beautiful table runner.  I love it just the way it is.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

Thanks Ginny! I will try that tomorrow when Mary Jo goes home.

Donna, I love that table runner, so bright and pretty.

Ginny L:

Erin , I saw this short cut tutorial for these blocks. if you're only using 2 colors , this would work great for you.

http://sonnetofthemoon.blogspot.com/2009/01/bento-box-quilt-step-1.html

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:04 PM

Thank you all for the wonderful remarks on the table runner.  It was quick and easy to make.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,157
Points 68,565
Robin replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 7:11 AM

Everyone,

Your blocks are looking so good.   I really love the way this works.  If I ever get through with the first scrappy I hope I can come back and try this project.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 12:28 PM

b u m p

Vinton, Virginia

Page 4 of 4 (55 items) Prev1234
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use