Step 2 July Scrappy

rated by 0 users
This post has 54 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:36 AM

Penny your blocks look great!  So much better than mine.  Wonder what the next step is going to be??? :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:39 AM

Erin, the Bento Box is on my to do list.  I want to make one for my brother.  Please, post pictures.

You get a gold star for cleaning up all those dust bunnies :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:28 AM

Good job, Penny!  I haven't gotten past the first step I'm sad to say.  Maybe today :0)  My dxsd has been with me for two weeks, and then there's that 9-5...

I've noticed the same thing about pictures not posting in emails lately.

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:05 AM

I stayed home to sew, and sent my company to the beach. ( too hot for me, 90's and the ocean is in the high 80's)..So I got my blocks finished:

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 10,945
Donna replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:13 AM

Nana said to square up at 11 1/2 but mine only squared to 11 inches.  I hope this doesnt cause any problems with the next step.  As for how they look, well lets just say I am reserving judgment at this point.  Right not my thoughts are negative.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,060
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:21 AM

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing good. It has been kind of quiet on here. Been to hot here to move but then thursday nite we had awesome thunder/lighting storm. I guess it hit pretty much the whole northwest. Then late last night they rolled in again , off and on all night. Then cleared up for about 1/2 hr, then it really started coming down and rolling thunder, lights flicker. So, not sure if I want to take a chance on a power surge, but I probably will. I am just waiting on next step for july. I have the material for my borders but havent washed it yet. I am working on trying to catch up on the bom for craftsy. I am not prewashing the material. It will be the first one I have not done that , so will see how I like it. And of course MQ6 is still waiting to be quilted. I did finally get the thread I needed for it. Well here is to everyone's UFOs

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,060
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:23 AM

oh I forgot, Erin, I looked up the Bento box pattern. and that is interesting looking

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 10,945
Donna replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:46 AM

It is really storming here in Arizona.  We need the rain, but had plans today to go to a softball turny then a bbg.  Oh well, guess I will stay home and quilt.  I am working on a table running that is call Strip Fencing.  It is quilt as you go and here is what it looks like so far.  I love the flowers.  This is probably going to a co-worker for her birthday, if I can let go of it.  I seem to have that problem.  Will post the finished product later today, if it keeps raining.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 11:11 AM

Donna:
Nana said to square up at 11 1/2 but mine only squared to 11 inches
  Mine only squared up to 11 1/4" Donna but I don't think it will matter  as long as they're squared. I'm like you, though, reserving judgement on how each block  looks and how they all look together.  I'm thinking of turning them into patchwork houses for a quilter's neighborhood type quilt.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,340
Erin replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 11:22 AM

So I've made a bento box this morning, in turquoise and black. My ipad makes it look crappy and brown..lol  The turquoise has black in it...I just dont get it. Oh well!! Following patterns made me crazy so I just started from the inside out...with 2 inch squares and measured and cut as I went along (all in 2" by whatever length needed). It came out to a 10 inch square. It took a about 45 minutes but now that I know how to cut and place the next ones should come together easily... (EDIT) the one on the diagonal shows more true to color but doesnt look so square... I'm not a photographer either it seems..:/

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,060
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 11:29 AM

looks nice Erin, Cant wait to see some blocks laying together, and see how it comes together

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 11:43 AM

Ginny L:
I stayed home to sew,

Ginny, your scrappy blocks are looking great.

I didn't even get June's scrappy finished so I didn't start this one.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 680
gwen replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 12:41 PM

Tada!!  32 Scrappy blocks!!!  Just can't stop...I'm only averaging about 2 blocks/day.  But my scraps and materials are all nicely organized now.  Key is enjoying the process and keeping cool downstairs.  As for my blocks...well...as I mentioned earlier...I LOVE them...and...sorry Nana....I just can't cut them!!!  Now don't despair.  If not for you I wouldn't have this summer project.  I plan to keep growing the quilt until I'm either out of scraps or bored with it.  My husband thinks I'm not as, let's say, frugal as he is (thank goodness!) so I'm giving him this quilt and calling it  'Proves I'm NOT a waste-a-roo'. 

Every time I post everyone disappears to a new thread (new instructions get posted) so I'm never sure if anyone reads them!!  I'll post a pic of my blocks here later tonight.  Hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle! 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 3:51 PM

Erin , I saw this short cut tutorial for these blocks. if you're only using 2 colors , this would work great for you.

http://sonnetofthemoon.blogspot.com/2009/01/bento-box-quilt-step-1.html

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 4:10 PM

Black and turquois are a beautiful combination.  I'm liking the block and look forward to seeing more.

Page 3 of 4 (55 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use