STEP 1 JULY SCRAPPY

rated by 0 users
This post has 84 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,621
Points 24,760
Susie replied on Wed, Jul 11 2012 3:54 PM

Awesome news, Donna!   Can't wait to see your dresden plate.  I'd like to make on, but it scares me at this point.  (What I would LIKE to do is use my great uncle's ties in one, and just make one LARGE plate with borders, just not sure how.)

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:24 PM

Donna B,  glad you are doing so well, God speed in your recovery.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:15 PM

Wonderful news Donna B., I'm so glad everything went well for you. It's 85 in Enumclaw right now and way too hot for me. I hope you're able to cool down the house so you can sleep well tonight.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jul 11 2012 9:38 PM

lcqultr46:
I hope you're able to cool down the house so you can sleep well tonight.

We have a queen bed in one of our guest rooms in the basement, so will probably sleep there the first night. It is usually about 10 degrees cooler down there. 

It would be nice to be back in my own bed, but probably won't happen for a few days yet.

To tell you the truth I am a little concerned about tonight...we're sleeping in a double at our son's house in Seattle...with a husband that does a lot of tossing/turning in his sleep.  If he accidently hits me in the back I will be in a bad way.  I will probably spend most of the night making sure if I'm on my side that my back is to the outside of the bed and turned away from him.

Another concern is that Winthrop has T/storms forcast for the rest of the week.  Our 60 # lab mix is terrified of T/storms and has been known to jump into our bed with us before we even hear them.  That would really not be good right now! I think we will need to medicate her just to be sure that doesn't happen.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,800
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Wed, Jul 11 2012 11:11 PM

I have completely lost track of what step everyone is on.  

I have made one set of cuts on the 12.5 blocks. (cut into 3 and the re-sew) 

Have I missed step 2?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 12 2012 12:54 AM

Annie

Step 2 has been posted.  Just check the threads in this group.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Jul 12 2012 1:36 AM

Donna B:
Hi everyone, the surgery is done and went well.  I am still a little loopy from the vicodon - for the post-surgery pain. 

Very glad to hear the surgery was successful and your leg feels so much better.  Yes, it has been a tad warm in the Methow the past few days.  I have just stayed in the house with the A/c and am as happy as a clam.  Good idea to stay in the basement for a bit - I take it the stairs do not present a problem?

Did the cutting on the second step but haven't sewn them back together yet.  Spent most of the afternoon putting the polyester ruffled trim on a pre-quilted panel for our 3rd GGD that is due in September.  It takes FOREVER to sew that stuff on - the new version of this particular ruffle is two pieces of 1/2" ribbon with the pre-gathered trim inserted between the two pieces of ribbon.  It is slippery, not wide enough to sew on one side and then bring to the front for a final sewing.  It took several hours to get it all on and used a ton of pins.  It came out well but I also took the time to reinforce with a straight stitch the line of stitiching that holds the two pieces together with the pre-gathered part.  I don't know if was done with one of those quick removing stitch types or not but I wasn't taking any chances

I then cut out three crib sheets and in process of mitering the corners and adding elastic on the underside corners.  Nursery theme is Baby Jungle Animals and thefabrics are really cute.

Safe trip back to the valley - you can bring some of the cooler Seattle weather with you! :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,800
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Thu, Jul 12 2012 9:23 AM

Nana:

Annie

Step 2 has been posted.  Just check the threads in this group.

Nana, I looked everywhere for step 2 but couldn't find it.  Maybe I'm confusing steps here.  I have already made the first set of cuts and re-sewn them together, is there another cut after that?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 12 2012 10:37 AM

Annie

Go here    Step 2 July Scrappy

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 12:27 PM

bump

Vinton, Virginia

Page 6 of 6 (85 items) «Prev23456
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use