July Scrappy Project

rated by 0 users
This post has 295 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,380
Debi replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 1:54 PM

Here are my 30 blocks before we cut them apart :-)

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 2:10 PM

Annie:
Here are my blocks, so far I have 13

Annie,

I like your blocks. The monochromatic theme is nice.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 3:30 PM

Hey Annie, those blocks look a little too nice , you won't want to cut yours up either  :)

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 680
gwen replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 9:35 PM

I am very excited to have 15 blocks ready...half way there.  Nana, I don't mind the instructions delay...it gives me more time to 'catch up'.  I didn't start until July 1st and then discovered all you eager beavers had gotten a head start!!!  It sounds like alot of you had pre-cut scraps in wait.  This is taking me a long time as I've never organized my scraps this way.  I am so enjoying the process of sorting and using all these odds and ends inspite of the consuming time.  Great way to ride out the heat and huimdity.   

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:36 PM

gwen,  I was the same way, mine were not sorted or pre-cut,  so it took me a long time to but mine together.  But I did start in mid June.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,610
Points 48,335
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 7:05 PM

My blocks squared up at 10 1/2" and I only made 20 of them so it would be child sized.  With the borders it measures 45 x 55.  I made it mostly with donated fabrics from Nan & Maddie.  I look forward to seeing it when they finish quilting it! 

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 10:48 PM

Debbie,

Wonderful job!  A child is going to be so happy to have this quilt!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 12:14 AM

Nice work Debbie. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 4:36 AM

Good job Debbie.  I really like these quilts, one of a kind, each one.  Now I'm wondering what ever happened to Annie's? 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 376
Points 6,600
Helen replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 7:28 AM

Debbie you chose the perfect border fabric to tie all your blues in!  Your quilt came out great!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,822
Points 67,945
Bonita replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 11:19 PM

Love your top and the border. Some little kid is going to love it too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,085
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 9:38 AM

Debbie

Your quilt came out very pretty.  Love the border.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,316
Points 18,480
erindipity replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 11:40 AM

Everyone's quilts are so different and pretty...June and July's! I love all the lay outs, colors, borders and creativity; it really inspires me.I have my three July tops done, but not quilted. I have two quilts that have to be done first. I made a few extra blocks so I could get three small quilts for donating. I've finished a 2nd rag quilt for another quick birthday gift, almost finished with an applique' birthday quilt due by Aug 13, and started a wedding present due by Sept 8th. After the wedding present I need three more Turning Twenty lap quilts and I can actually focus on making something for myself! lol

This past weekend I went  to WV on a trip to the Homer Laughlin factory and bought a car full (seriously!!!) of of Fiesta dishes. Along the way we stopped at a couple quilt shops, yard sales and antique shops. Found a couple neat shelves to display dishes and quilts and some cute fabric (not a lot) too. I did make a simple table cloth out of some vintage fabric a friend gave me. I found an antique drop leaf table for cheap and cannot wait to start making runners and place mats and all that fun holiday stuff for it!  The next two Saturdays are busy with Relay for Life things and we are fitting the Cincinnati Zoo in there too. August is going to be SO busy, but it's ok, idle hands get me in trouble! LOL  Hope everyone is enjoying their summer and keeping cool- it has been so hot here in Ohio :(

Erin

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,610
Points 48,335
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 7:31 PM

Thanks ladies.  :o)   I've been finding that when I choose a border it's always a good idea to sleep on it because usually it's the third or fourth choice that I end up using... as was the case here.  I'm thrilled to be able  to help  out  Quilted Hugs from Maddieby making tops for them.  I'm real good at starting, it's finishing that I struggle with so it's the perfect solution for me !  Thanks, Nana for hosting this scrappy mystery!  I almost didn't do it because I have so many other irons in the fire right now (I'm on my second day of a 4 day sew-cation to get caught up!) but I'm glad I did and I was able to kill two birds with one stone!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Jul 31 2012 10:15 AM

hi, like your quilt debbie do. I have been on here much, just busy busy. But I have had a chance to work on july quilt. I struggled with were I wanted to take it. I finally decided that I would just cut some of them again, and if I was happy with the way some were I would just cut them down to size. Was just not going to put much effert into this one. I still have so many to get done, and so many I am planning on getting done and I am sure I want to be in on MQ7 haha. So that was the plan... but then I decided as long as it is going to be a "throw-it-around" quilt, I might as well practice on it. So I decided that seeing how I want to do a bargello, maybe I would practice the tube making and shifts, etc. So, my plan was to cut them into 2.5" strips. But the pattern I looked at, I needed them to be 16" wide. But then it said to sew 32 together. Okay I am thinking why should I cut them to just sew them together. I decided to add a 4" strip of one color to carry/shift through the quilt top. Well I was not to far into sewing when I started thinking,,, dang I should have cut them so I had seems to open. So the only seems I have to open are from the 4" strip. Well I really like the panels /pretubes I made, almost wanted to stop there. Not to sure how this is going to come out. But I will be a little more prepared for the bargello I am going to make. I will see if I can get some shots of the panels. These are 2 panels I put togethere

This a panel after I made the tube and cut again. It also has one section from panel 2 sewn to it.

The first panel that I made the scraps are kind of longated. I did that when I thought I was going to be cutting it into 2.5" strips. Well live and learn. Anyway any thoughts? suggestions? Well I am off to work for a few days will check back in when I get a chance.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 35
Page 19 of 20 (296 items) «Prev1617181920Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use