Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,766
Points 67,095
Bonita replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 5:11 PM

Sheri A.:

Sheri A.:

Erin,

My daughter lives in a suburb of Columbus and they are without power till the 6th.  They got lucky and purchased the last generator at Lowe's in Youngstown Saturday. They had relatives pick it up for them and meet them half way to get it.  At least they can run fans and the refrigerator.  I know what it's like to be without power and I'm very sympathetic! 

I just heard on the news that Florida Power & Light is sending a bunch of workers north to help with restoring the power. I know what you all are going through when hurricane Wilma came thru here we were out of power for 11 days. No hot water and no air cond and the neighbors generator running all night so no sleep my DD and I went to a hotel for the last few days. They were offering reduced rates for locals.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Thoughts and prayers go out to everybody who's been affected by the recent storms that swept through so much of the country.

I'm going to have to sit this one out as well, as I just have too many projects going right now.  Will keep Nana's instructions for future use and enjoy watching everybody's quilts evolve along the way.  Have fun!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 5:22 PM

Debi,

I think I need a plan, like you.  What I have been doing is working in one color scheme at a time, going through each color coded basket of scraps at a time.  By the time I press and cut and then sew, it's taking my at least 45 minutes per block.

Maybe I won't be making all 30 blocks.

Thanks Debi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 11,205
Donna replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 5:54 PM

Annie, it too took me forever for the first 10 or 15 squares, then I got into a pattern.  some blocks I made just from strips,  so from square of different sizes.  I just looked at my deign board and I even have one that has a strip in it that is 51/2 inches wide.  Looking at it, I might need to make that strip smaller and add one more to it lol.  But dont give it it does take a while.,

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Sheri- we have power, had it since about noon today. I hope that your daughters is restored soon.  They told us it would be July 10th before we got power back so maybe hers will be back sooner than they are saying. This heat is ridiculous! Saturday evening some guy was in a parking lot with a truck full of generators for sale. Not sure of the prices but I bet there were at least 75 cars parked everywhere trying to buy one.  Every store in Jackson Co is still without ice and food is slim pickings. Luckily our insurance covers food loss and we will get a check tomorrow or Wednesday so we can restock the fridge and freezer, but for now we will eat pizza!! :) The wind was so strong it blew our gas grill ( a BIG one) across the yard into the creek and mangled it. The insurance is also covering that.

Sheri A.:

Erin,

My daughter lives in a suburb of Columbus and they are without power till the 6th.  They got lucky and purchased the last generator at Lowe's in Youngstown Saturday. They had relatives pick it up for them and meet them half way to get it.  At least they can run fans and the refrigerator.  I know what it's like to be without power and I'm very sympathetic! 

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Annie~

Depending on what size of a quilt you want, maybe just do 15 instead of 30?  I've decided to make two small quilts instead of one big one and donate them.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 7:31 PM

Erin, I think I am going to settle for 15 blocks.  Just 6 more to go, not too bad

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

Annie:

Erin, I think I am going to settle for 15 blocks.  Just 6 more to go, not too bad

I made 30 blocks. I like the idea of making two small quilts and donating them I think that's what i will do. Will try to get picture of them tonight and post them.

Pat B from southern California

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

Okay ladies here are my 30 Blocks as you can see had to take three pictures to show them all. I really went scrappy with this one used all different kinds of fabrics will call these "Wild Ones"

Pat B from Southern California

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 10:18 PM

Very nice Pat

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 599
Points 10,520
Tami Paul replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 10:28 PM

okay been busy, and didnt get any new blocks done. I made six cherry pies, plus bagged up enough for a few more and have a gallon bag full in the firdge still. Went down to the downtown concert. It was fun. they are very active performers. They sang some funny songs and even did the muppet song. They are from pudget sound and cal them selfs "locust street taxi". they have one song that I just loved, it is called "stuff". Singing about all the stuff they want. cute. So tolday after I got my chores done I decided I wanted to work on the MQ6. I got it all sandwiched up, boy is it big", was going to do some stich in the ditch to stablize it, and realized that I didnt have the color I wanted .. oh well. But it is all out filling up the space, so I decided to find something else to do. But I still plan to do all the blocks. I need like 9 or 10 more. Oh and sweetie got my machine extention done

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 10:35 PM

Sorry to hear about all the outages everyone has been having.  Just got back from a Girls Week-end with 7 friends from 7th and 8th grade (50 years ago!!!).  So glad to see that Nana won't post cutting instructions till the middle of the week.  Thought I was going to be behind and was beginning to stress.  Can't wait to get started.  Happy 4th to everyone.  We are so lucky to be living in the US.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 9:03 AM

Bonita:

Sheri A.:

Sheri A.:

Erin,

I just heard on the news that Florida Power & Light is sending a bunch of workers north to help with restoring the power. I know what you all are going through when hurricane Wilma came thru here we were out of power for 11 days. No hot water and no air cond and the neighbors generator running all night so no sleep my DD and I went to a hotel for the last few days. They were offering reduced rates for locals.

They got power a few days earlier than predicted.  She says they are thinking of hard wiring the generator since they were only able to use it at a lower capacity because of extension cords.  They kept 2 fridges running along with fans and lights.  

I feel so sorry for the people who are suffering without power in that heat and humidity and hope that their power is restored soon.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 9:13 AM

Erin:

Sheri- we have power, had it since about noon today. I hope that your daughters is restored soon.  They told us it would be July 10th before we got power back so maybe hers will be back sooner than they are saying. This heat is ridiculous! Saturday evening some guy was in a parking lot with a truck full of generators for sale. Not sure of the prices but I bet there were at least 75 cars parked everywhere trying to buy one.  Every store in Jackson Co is still without ice and food is slim pickings. Luckily our insurance covers food loss and we will get a check tomorrow or Wednesday so we can restock the fridge and freezer, but for now we will eat pizza!! :) The wind was so strong it blew our gas grill ( a BIG one) across the yard into the creek and mangled it. The insurance is also covering that.

Sheri A.:

Erin,

Erin,

I'm glad you got your power back.  My daughter got power earlier than expected, too.  It's awful how some people try to profit from a catastrophe.  I'm sure the guy with the generators was making a huge profit.  

My son in law's sister lost a trampoline and patio furniture in the wind Friday night.  Her  neighbor's house was hit by lightning and caught fire. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 9:15 AM

Pat Badder:

Okay ladies here are my 30 Blocks as you can see had to take three pictures to show them all. I really went scrappy with this one used all different kinds of fabrics will call these "Wild Ones"

Pat B from Southern California

Your blocks look great, Pat!  I'm glad I decided to sit this one out.  From the posts I've been reading, I know I would not have been able to keep up this month!

Page 16 of 20 (296 items) «Prev1415161718Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use