Scrappy Project Fabric Requirements

rated by 0 users
This post has 264 Replies | 43 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,450
Squareitup replied on Wed, May 23 2012 12:26 AM

I'm not sure I can do this one.  I have so many projects to finish.  Like they'll get done soon anyway.  Can I squeeze another mystery quilt in how? I'm gonna see.  Anyway, I have the material requirements, what is the schedule for this quilt?   When will the instructions be available?  Sorry if this info is out but I didn't see it.

Square it Up, Las Vegas

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Wed, May 23 2012 5:10 AM

I've been waiting on a new pattern for almost 2 weeks, don't know what the hold up is, so I thought I'd go ahead and start this too. I don't really like my fabric choices for the MQ6 . I liked all the batik ones better , so thought i'd see if I have batiks for this one. I just never have any yardage for backgrounds on hand. I think I'll post pics first to get other opinions .

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,991
Points 64,375
Robin replied on Wed, May 23 2012 5:32 AM

Nana,

Thanks for all of the advice.  I pulled some more fabrics yesterday and I'll probably cut some this weekend.  Hopefully with your guidance I will be able to let go!   Thanks to everyone who is posting their choices it's helping me see what works and what doesn't and also that I can do a lot more choices than I started with.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, May 23 2012 6:39 AM

Squareitup

The cutting instructions are in the threads for this is group.  I will start giving sewing instructions on Fri. June 1.  It will only take about 2 wks to give all the instructions.   I did the whole top in about 4 days and that was with 2 days of deciding what to do with the borders.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, May 23 2012 8:52 AM

I agree.  I enjoy seeing what fabrics others are choosing, it's making my selections a little easier.  I'm looking forward to doing this quilt.  I have never done a mystery or scrap quilt.  Just learning how. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, May 23 2012 10:43 AM

Nana:

Donna the only ones that I would remove would possibly be the 3rd and 4th row on the bottom.  The rest look great.   Now to really get a feel for scrappy you need to throw them all in a bag and mix them up...LOL>   Don't overthink this too much.  Just try to relax and have fun.

Thanks Nana, that helps a lot.  The throwing in a bag, mix'em up and then relax will be the real challenge...LOL!   (I can hear me now: "but, but, but, two blues will be side-by-side"...LOL.)

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, May 23 2012 10:47 AM

I have to agree also. Everyone posting their fabric selections helped me decide how to get started with the process. Thanks much...

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 170

Like those colors Ginny. Mine are going to be similar but with white on white background.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I just went to my scrap bin and started cutting. Nothing matches. No holds barred here. And no overthinking. I am running wild with scraps, and scissors!. Come on Kris, let yourself go. You can do it. And everyone else, too. This is my kind of quilt.

PS. Thanks, Nana, for the hug today. Hugs coming back at ya.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 3,865
Debi replied on Wed, May 23 2012 8:46 PM

I just found this scrappy project and can't wait to get started, I chose three different color schemes from some left over jelly rolls I had.  I am not sure which one to choose and what my neutral should be.  I have a bold one, a very muted one and one in between.  I will have squares that match though, if I cut from strips.  I don't have 275 squares sitting around....SO wish I did!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, May 23 2012 10:25 PM

Ginny

Those are luscious dark colors.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

Here are my fabrics for the 2 1/2 squares

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,991
Points 64,375
Robin replied on Thu, May 24 2012 5:04 AM

Pretty fabrics, Lasha

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,991
Points 64,375
Robin replied on Thu, May 24 2012 5:06 AM

Started cutting last night.   I probably have the 200+ but I haven't cut all I selected.   So I'll cut some more tonight.  I guess this is one way to start a collection of two and half inch squares.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Page 9 of 18 (265 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use