Welcome to our new members. Please tell us something about yourself.

rated by 0 users
This post has 115 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, May 25 2012 4:21 PM

Welcome Sunshine.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, May 25 2012 4:22 PM

Teresa

Welcome to the group.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, May 25 2012 4:22 PM

Welcome Jodie.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, May 25 2012 4:23 PM

nddixon welcome and enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870

Evie H.

Welcome to the group.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870

M Carol welcome to Srap Happys.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, May 25 2012 4:24 PM

MaryAnn welcome to the group. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870

MaryAnn welcome to the group. 

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870

pgtrans

Welcome to Scrap Happys.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, May 25 2012 4:25 PM

MaggieNae   welcome.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Fri, May 25 2012 5:40 PM

Nana:

Elizabeth

Welcome to the group.  Hope you join us on our new project.

Thanks Nana!  I'm hoping to be able to stitch along with everybody on this one, though as usual I may fall behind at times.  Do you have a start date set yet?  I know you said it would be starting after MQ6 was over.  I've got to work on finishing that one up this week.  Thinking I have enough in my stash to get started on cutting for this project but haven't had a chance to actually "shop" it yet .. lol

Here I am babbling as usual and I haven't even properly introduced myself yet, so here goes ...

Hi everybody!  I'm Elizabeth from Wayne, New Jersey.  Been quilting steadily for about ten years now, though I began teaching myself the craft and dabbled in it years back.  I'm Grammy to two lovely little girls (aged 22 mos. and 4 1/2 yrs.).  My daughter never took any interest whatsoever in my needle crafts and I'm hopeful that I can snag at least one of the girls some day.  For now, they're working with their little lace up cards I bought them and enjoying the many quilts I've made for them and their dollies.  Thinking the dolls may be my ticket in so will be planning a new, very beginner friendly doll quilt project that I can use to introduce them to the craft.

I've participated in three of the mystery quilts from QCA, as well as a couple sponsored by others.  Never grow tired of watching the pretty fabrics turn into something beautiful.  Looking forward to seeing what all of you come up with for this scrappy project.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, May 25 2012 6:26 PM

Elizabeth

The beginning sewing instructions will come out June 1.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Thank you, Nana. There is an enabler among us who posted this group in MQ6 group at the perfect time. . .not that I need another project, but I can't resist a mystery especially a scrappy one!! I am a FQaholic so this group is perfect. 

I became interested in quilting after winning a twin-sized scrappy log cabin in a $5 raffle about 20 years ago, and I've been dabbling ever since, more seriously in the past few years. I've done a few mystery quilts and love the process. You focus on one step at a time and before you know it, you have a completed work of art. The patterns are usually something I probably would not choose to do, but I've been surprised and happy with the results.

I hail from Massachusetts, married, one 25yo DD, one dog, one cat, one land hermit crab, and I work full time.

I need to get my MQ6 together so I can start pulling some darks.

MaryAnn

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535
Debbie-do replied on Sat, May 26 2012 12:44 PM

Hey there MaryAnn!  Welcome to the group!  Are you close enough to NH to hit the big Tent sale at Keepsake Quilting next weekend??  You really should go if you've never been.  I got to go last summer when I was visiting mom.  Go early and be ready to stand in line and come home with armfuls of great stuff!!

You have the added benefit of being able to put it all in your car and drive home!  I didn't realize while I was shopping that they would ship it all to me at a VERY reasonable price so I was more selective with my choices.  My wallet thanked me but once I realized they'd ship, I wanted to go back and stand in that line again for more but I had to get back.  Darn.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Thanks, Debbie. I've heard of Keepsake but have never been. I just checked, and it's a 3-hour drive. One of these days, I'll get up there. I really need to use up some of what I have.

How's your cutting coming? I want to get the MQ6 together before I start pulling fabrics for this one. 

MaryAnn

Page 6 of 8 (116 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use