Welcome to our new members. Please tell us something about yourself.

rated by 0 users
This post has 115 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Tue, May 22 2012 11:18 PM

Welcome Christine.  Hope you will join us on our new project.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, May 23 2012 6:37 AM

Welcome mbretz.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, May 23 2012 6:37 AM

Welcome Ginny.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, May 23 2012 7:15 AM

dardar

Welcome to the group.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 315
Brenda E replied on Wed, May 23 2012 1:03 PM

Nana:

Welcome to the group Brenda.

Thanks Nana, I'm excited to be here! I'm a work-from-home grandma of 7 doing taxes and accounting. Quilting lets me "remove" myself from my work. I was born and "mostly" raised in Vermont, but transplanted myself and my children to Tacoma, Washington in 1989. Even though I have been quilting for a few years now, I still consider myself an advanced beginner. I joined this group to use up some of my scrap stash that I've been saving for no known reason. I intend to use as much as possible without having to delve into my main stash. We'll see how hit goes.

Brenda

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

Hi All,

My name is Pat Badder and I live in Chula Vista California. I've lived here since 2001. I really love it here I'm originally from Big Rapids Michigan. My husband passed away in 1998 and I decided that I needed a change. My younger son lives here in Chula Vista. Since I moved here my older son also moved out here but lives a little further North of here. I only have two boys. I am also a Grandma and a Great Grandma and loving every minute I can spend with grandchildren and great grandchildren which is not too often. I love quilting although I have been quilting for several years I call myself an advanced beginner. I love spending my time quilting. I did Mystery quilt #5 and now am doing #6. I also joined this group to be able to use up a lot of my stash materials.  I am retired so I usually have most of my day to able to sew, although I also belong to an International Sorority group which keeps me pretty active with events and meetings and socials. I am really involved quite a bit with this group. Not only am I in a chapter which holds meetings once a month and we also go on socials, I also am on one of the state boards which there are eight state boards all over California, and this board requires you to travel to visit the different boards. This weekend just got back from Santa Barbara California where our State Convention was held this year. This is my last year on this board as I promised my boyfriend that I would not join state board next year so we can be free to travel. I also serve on our local board which is not so demanding. Well I've talked your ears off so I will close for now. Looking forward to Mystery Scrappy Quilt. I signed up for a Craftsy class to learn how to do machine quilting by myself so that I won't have to send my quilts out to be machine quilted.

Pat B from Southern California

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,305
MizPat replied on Wed, May 23 2012 7:44 PM

Hi guys!

I'm Pat Johnston and I live in Albuquerque NM.  I'm mom to 2 grown sons and a fur-boy, MIL(don't know about the D part) to 2 daughters-in-love, grandma to 3 human and 3 canine grandkids and greatgrandma to a wonderful 17 mo boy.  He's the reason for my interest in scrap quilts; I'm trying to get my stash to fit in one room, as opposed to two rooms, a shed and a spare room at younger son & wife's house!  Oh yeah, the back seat of my car.  That particular box has ridden everywhere with me for about three months!  I'm doing MQ6 and have plans to do the Hoffman Challenge, if Miss Futie will keep her tensions straight!  She's been giving me more gray hair than I already had.  Thought it was her timing that was off; turns out she just had tension issues.  Now, so do I!  Looking forward to this group's projects.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 300

Hi, I'm an avid quilter from Cortez CO.  Full time working mother, grandmother & greatgrandmother. I love scrappy quilts but, they've all been pretty controled. Hoping this project can help me work thru some of that. Doubt if it can be completly cured!!  I just finished a sampler graduation quilt(to be delivered to TX next week) and am hoping to get caught up on MQ6 and top for new greatgrand baby this long weekend. Always seem to have many projects going and love it.  Have enjoyed everyone's comments and pictures.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,495
Christine replied on Wed, May 23 2012 8:03 PM

Nana,

What is the name of the new project?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,495
Christine replied on Wed, May 23 2012 8:06 PM

Nana,

Nevermind!  I went looking around the other discussions on this page, and found it......Good! Something else to do after MQ6!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, May 23 2012 10:22 PM

Welcome Mary 789.  Hope you enjoy your time with us,.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, May 23 2012 10:23 PM

Meggov welcome to the group.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920

Miz Pat

Welcome to the group.  Glad you took time to tell us something about yourself.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920

Welcome MT Nan.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,052
Points 65,860
Robin replied on Thu, May 24 2012 5:13 AM

Hi Everyone

Page 5 of 8 (116 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use