Welcome to our new members. Please tell us something about yourself.

rated by 0 users
This post has 115 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, May 6 2012 7:40 AM

Hi,

I'm Annie and can't wait to start using all my scraps.  I hope to donate the quilts I make with scraps.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, May 6 2012 11:09 AM

Welcome Donna.  Glad that you have joined us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sun, May 6 2012 2:33 PM

Hi, I'm Donna B.  I have a pretty big supply of scraps that need to be used...eventually.  Due to my anal nature (must have everything matching), I think this group might be good for me...LOL

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, May 6 2012 5:18 PM

I no....I can see another anxiety / panic attack happening with Donna and her scrappy quilt....LOL>   I thought I would never get poor Kris and Nancy thru their first scrappy.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 19,315

Nana - Thanks for the previous welcome!  My scrappy quilt experience is MQ6 and even with it I have a set group of colors from the bittersweet collection.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,853
Points 61,055
Robin replied on Mon, May 7 2012 5:45 AM

Good morning everyone,

Thank you Nana for the welcome.   I have a little scrappy experience.   I've recently finished my blocks for a FWS, but I didn't use scraps I bought fabric, thus I have scraps.  I live in Florida and I teach Early Childhood Education and Cooking at the local high school.  1 DH,  2 DD, 3 Fur babies.

Robin

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Tue, May 8 2012 9:11 AM

Nana:

Have any of our new members done a scrappy quilt before?  Tell us a little about yourselves.

Hello. I am from southeastern Ohio and a new quilter. I took Home Ec in high school (the 80's!!) and have made (very basic) valances, curtains and pillows in the past...that's about the extent of my sewing...lol I don't have a lot of scraps yet but I am buying fabric--I have to start somewhere. I am married, have three grown sons, a 3 yr old grand daughter, dogs, birds and a cat. :)  Last October I was diagnosed with cancer and thankfully since my treatments I am cancer free. When I was diagnosed I quit my job and I am now a BORED stay at home wife. I love my family but have about 9 hours a day alone and I figure with all this free time I will try my hand at quilting. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully producing a nice quilt!

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, May 8 2012 11:52 AM

Erin

Welcome to the group.  Believe me when I say it doesn't take long to build up a stash of scraps once you start quilting.  It seems that I have scraps everywhere....LOL>   Congratulations on being cancer free.  It is always so scary to get that horrible diagnosis.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, May 8 2012 12:17 PM

Erin I have scraps out the well,,, you get the picture , I'd be happy to send you some if you want . let me know and we will get it set up. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Tue, May 8 2012 12:30 PM

Barbara:

Erin I have scraps out the well,,, you get the picture , I'd be happy to send you some if you want . let me know and we will get it set up. barbara

Barbara- That sounds great. I have a Wal-mart and a fabric store close by but not really a lot of choices. This would give me some variety. I'll add you as a friend. Thanks!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

My name is Max. I live in Kansas and am retired. I have been quilting for only a little over 3 years, although I have done all kinds of sewing all my life.  My scrap pile is not especially large, but  I should have enough to cobble together enough blocks for a lap quilt. I usually make lap quilts for donations. I have never intentionally made a scrap quilt so I am looking forward to this project.  Thank you, Nana, for getting this project going.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, May 8 2012 2:12 PM

Max

Welcome to the group.  I feel sure that you will find enough scraps to make a lovely quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, May 9 2012 3:30 PM

I just started quilting in January, so pretty new to it.  I am working on my 3rd quilt.  I've been sewing many years, mostly crafts and costumes and now dresses for the granddaughter and her doll.  I'm enjoying learning the different patterns and methods, so look forward to this quilt. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,235
Dara replied on Wed, May 9 2012 6:16 PM

Hello to everyone!   I'm Dara.  I live in beautiful West Virginia just a few miles from the Ohio River.  I work full time and have been quilting for about 8 years. I get a little bit better with each quilt that I do. :-)  Most of the quilts I've done actually are destined to be wall hangings.  There is a group of us at work that cross stitch and we make baby quilts for our co-workers in our Division. I got into the Web side of QCA in January and have been hooked.  I've got 2 paper piecing quilts going in that group, I'm doing the Craftsy BOM quilt, and MQ6. So in the last few months I've learned a ton! and I'm sure to learn even more.  I like order so Craftsy & MQ6 are out of my comfort zone but I'm have a ball and learning to loosen up. LOL  The paper piecing is new too.  This was actually the first group I joined but Nana's previous project was well underway so I'm thrilled that she has volunteered to lead us on another.  Thanks Nana!!!!!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, May 10 2012 6:35 AM

Welcome jricard.  Hope you enjoy your time with us in the Scrap Happys.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 2 of 8 (116 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use