Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt

rated by 0 users
This post has 186 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 362,017
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 3:19 PM

Nice work Judy. Your triangles are beautiful. I haven't made any of step four yet. I'll definitely be playing catch up later.

Bonnie's pst mysteries have been about seven steps and they are usually large. This one will be gorgeous.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 6:26 PM

Better than Me I am still trying to hunt down all the fabrics I picked out since the move and have found some but not all. I found some of my whites, greens have to find the red and neutrals probably in a three drawer thing but which one and which drawer. I had to pakc so much stuff into there I am still trying to find some quilts I also still need to work on for the holidays in there as well. :( So def playing catch up later but I did save the steps and will get it done eventually. Carey

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:52 PM

I finished Step 4 Tuesday, but didn't get to turn on the computer at all - sudden thunderstorm came up and I unplugged it.  Here is the picture before I got the triangles all cut - they're done now, but still need to trim them. I couldn't figure out why she told us to trim to  five and one half inches, then cut in half, then trim again, but I did it just the way she said, guess there was a reason to do it that way (I trust Bonnie to know best!)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 362,017
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:09 AM

Carol,

I love your red strings. When I get to them, mine will be red too.

Bonnie explained why she gave the first set of instructions and gave alternate instructions in subsequent post.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,467
Points 116,715

I cut the 700 little triangles. It really went fast, much to my surprise. I did use her triangle ruler. I layered and cut 5 strips at a time.

It only took me about 2 hours and that's including cutting 2" strips from various black fabrics. But I haven't started sewing the little buggers to the step 3 blocks yet. Ugh, I anticipate that to be time consuming and tedious. I'm still considering whether to re-do step 1. As I remember Kris was also thinking about the same thing. I'm waiting to see how it's used.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Sat, Dec 17 2011 10:34 PM

WTG Judy!  I have most of mine cut, had to go get some more blacks today.  Had to pick up my hand crank Singer from the shop(not broken, just serviced so I can use it when the electricity goes out this winter!), so got a few blacks from her too.  Then I picked up three quilts from the LAQ,  she has fabrics, too, so I'm all set now, will start sewing them tomorrow, and cut the rest when I need a break from sewing.  I'm having so much fun with this mystery!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,467
Points 116,715

Carol. I agree, this IS fun. It's my first Bonnie Hunter. 

I saw your yellow rose quilt. It is beautiful. What. Great design and selection of colors. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 362,017
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 17 2011 10:55 PM

Judy,

I've just started step four and will probably do some of five just to see how they look. I'm still wanting to redo step one but the thought of all that cutting again gives me pause. I'll have to do it as nothing else has those colours.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Sun, Dec 18 2011 5:08 PM

Drat, Drat, Drat....I started step two this afternoon...red was on top so I started making my 3.5 inch squares red.  Ok, take a deep breath and start over.....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,467
Points 116,715

Cindy:
started step two this afternoon...red was on top so I started making my 3.5 inch squares red.  Ok, take a deep breath and start over.....

Oops. That's OK, Cindy, I've had those ooops moments more times than I like to think about.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 7:55 AM

Kris:

Judy,

I've just started step four and will probably do some of five just to see how they look. I'm still wanting to redo step one but the thought of all that cutting again gives me pause. I'll have to do it as nothing else has those colours.

I'm also thinking about re-doing step 1.  Wish it had been step 2 or 3, instead.

I'm going to try it using the square method.  That way it might be quicker, especially since I now have more experience cutting such small items.

Lee in MA

BTW -  It seems my  signature etc have disappeared!  I checked and the links and info are still in my settings but they aren't appearing here.

• Filed under: |
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Tue, Dec 20 2011 8:32 PM

I've got Step 5 finished - just had to press them this morning, (Tues) so now ready for the next step

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,467
Points 116,715

Carol:

I've got Step 5 finished - just had to press them this morning, (Tues) so now ready for the next step.

You're DONE?? I am impressed. This seems to be my slowest step. 

Great job. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 362,017
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 20 2011 9:14 PM

Hey Carol, want to work on mine next? LOL.

Your looks really good. Nice work.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Bonnie released Part 6 a day early!  Blocks are starting to come together!  Woo-Hoo!

Page 4 of 13 (187 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use