rated by 0 users
This post has 66 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,468
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:05 AM

Marie:
I had to go back to see what I posted, Kris, and it turns out you meant the other Marie.

I quoted from her post to help cut down the confusion.

Marie:
I will comment on your mention of spring with a picture, which was taken yesterday in my yard.  It just won't go away!!!!!!!!

We're finally starting to see our lawn but guess what's in the forecast for the morning? Yep. Three to six inches then a change over to sleet. Arrgh!

DH and I had plans for the state shop hop and we're to visit his sister and BIL in in Presque Isle but their forecast is worse than ours. Plus I've been off work for two days with muscle spasms from hell. I'm on valium and vicodin. I have a doctors appointment on Monday to see if they can do anything for me. I take muscle relaxers on a daily basis but no relief. Riding in the car is no fun and I can't sit at the sewing machine. Haven't felt like doing much anyway.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,468
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:07 AM

Ibuiltaquilt:
It takes me so long to make my blocks. Takes me about an hour to decide on the fabric and the layout which I draw and color on graph paper. Then I do all the cutting and sewing which takes me 2 hrs usually. Sometimes more if I'm listening to an audiobook. Is this normal timing or newbie timing?

Depends on the project. I can take hours just deciding on fabric then drawing it out on paper then in EQ. I've been planning an appliqué block for weeks. Not a newbie thing.

Some blocks know what they want and I can whip those up in no time.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,468
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:09 AM

Carol:
I have finished my April Blocks. I made a slightly different version of the Friendship Star with 4 stars in my block. I got this idea from Moda's Friendship Quilt Along and a block designed by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms.

Lovely blocks Carol. I'm planning to make many of the block from the Friendship QAL. I love the Moda blog and the Bakeshop blog as well. Lots of free patterns for those delicious pre cuts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,468
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:10 AM

Jan:
Melody, Those were great! Even though I did sew the hourglasses wrong the first time. LOL That is what happens when I am having a phone conversation while sewing.  One or the other gets brushed aside. Here are the 2.

I love your pinks Jan and your Ohio star centre is beautiful. WTG.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:39 AM

Kris ,I sure do hope your spasms will go away. It sucks to hurt like that . sorry the weather interfered with your plans for a shop hop, A state wide one what fun.  It would take a week or two do do a state wide shop hop in Missouri . but it sure would be fun. To bad I don't have a truck any longer to haul my camper  .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:10 AM

Everyone has posted some beautiful blocks, gotta get busy and whip mine up.  Got stuck on Feb., not sure if I'll make the heart.  Will do Aprils before March.  I'm just a mixed up crazy lady!  But having fun!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:12 AM

Kris, sorry you're hurting like that.  Think summer, maybe that will help.  We've gotten some rain today, guess the snow and sleet is up your way, sorry.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:35 AM

ibuiltaquilt,

I would never get anything done if I didn't sew,/cut/iron while on the phone.  My daughter in law has MS and is practically home bound. She calls every weekday at around 2:30 and never hangs up in less than an hour.  She calls right back when I hang up.  So since I am her health care partner and we get along very well, I try to do "easy" stuff while on the phone with her.  Summer is coming and she will be outside either here or at her house with the kids.  Then she doesn't telephone so much.  I have noticed that she and frogs have a lot in common. LOL

jan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:20 AM

Jan you two need to get hooked up to skype ,then you could talk and still sew at the same time , Just get the basic skpye  its free .. If you have newer  computers your cameras will be in your computer if not all you need is a little camera you can get faairly cheap just about anywhere.. Best Buy or Office Depot would be the best.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,468
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 1:34 AM

Jan,

my cousin gets like that sometimes. I use a headset so I can do things while she talks. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 10:34 AM

Kris:

DH and I had plans for the state shop hop and we're to visit his sister and BIL in in Presque Isle but their forecast is worse than ours. Plus I've been off work for two days with muscle spasms from hell. I'm on valium and vicodin. I have a doctors appointment on Monday to see if they can do anything for me. I take muscle relaxers on a daily basis but no relief. Riding in the car is no fun and I can't sit at the sewing machine. Haven't felt like doing much anyway.

Kris, I just read the above post and hope you are feeling better.  When mine flares up I just lay in bed and read or crochet/knit something. Take care and get well. I think you have a trip coming up soon and hope you are well before then!

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,468
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 3:30 PM

Thanks Bev. I'm better than I was. Got new meds (again) and an appointment with another new doctor. I'm gathering an army of them, LOL.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655

I posted my blocks in media. It took me a little longer to get them done. Working on a few different things. Can't wait for next month's blocks!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Kris, do take care of your self!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,468
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:10 AM

Trying Melody. Thanks.

Page 4 of 5 (67 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use