Block Links

rated by 0 users
This post has 49 Replies | 17 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235
ti2xguer replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 12:59 PM

ARGH...... My Janome went down on me last night. The foot peddle is making a squeking noise and the motor is racing in all three speeds. I pulled my old Brother out f the closet and it was doing fine until I needed to wind a bobbin and it didn't do a darn thing!  Off to the Sew n Vac "fix it before this woman goes ballistic shop!'

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235

I love the block swap idea.  I lose interest if I have to do too many things the same way. That's why this Block of the month is so great. I made felt needle cases for the ladies to seee at their craft fair and after 3 of the same thing I had to change them up. I turned the grey squirrels into skunks, foxes , and brown squirrels. They laughed at me but loved the design.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
ti2xguer I am the same way. If there is too much repetitive tasks I get board and will quit and never finish. But id I change it up then I can stick it out. Something will hold my interest for just so long and I have to do something else. I never cut everything out and then sew everything up and then........ I cut for a while then sew for a while and the set blocks together and then back. I know that it isn't the way it is taught but it works for me. The other thing is if I start to make mistakes then it's time to quit. There are so many blocks that I have wanted to make, for no special reason, that I thought this BOM would be a way to do it, and have others join in. I'm just as much a newbie as a lot of others.

MelodyP

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235
ti2xguer replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 12:39 AM

I dropped off my Janome at the shop today, my husband took me by Joann's and I bought my first Jelly roll!  Wow..... now what do I do with it? I also stopped by Bear Paw Quilt shop and got a Schnibbles quilt pattern. I thought I would play around with it til we get our next assignment from you!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
ti2xguer I would be so lost without my sewing machine, when do you get yours back? Have fun in the mean time fiddling with the jelly roll. They are wildly popular along with Charm Packs, and Layer Cakes.

MelodyP

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235
ti2xguer replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 2:22 PM

I got my Janome back. It turns out it had cat hair in it?  Yes I have a cat but my machine is in my sewing room .  Anyway he suggested to my husband that I might make a cover for the machine....hahahah

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
ti2xguer, LMAO! If a cat hair did that, it would not survive at my house! I have 1 cat and 3 Yorkies and 1 Pomeranian and a husband!

MelodyP

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,310
Points 18,365
Erin replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 5:57 PM

Amen sista! I have a Dalmatian, 2 pommies, 3 birds and a cat.... I do not allow the animals in my sewing area but I clean the machines every time I change bobbins, (just to be safe).  Maybe I will start using a vacuum to them once and while too.

ti2xguer- glad it was an easy fix!

MelodyP MO/KS:
ti2xguer, LMAO! If a cat hair did that, it would not survive at my house! I have 1 cat and 3 Yorkies and 1 Pomeranian and a husband!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655
I just love all the blocks! They are all so beautiful!
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:36 AM

SO Buzy your blocks are beautiful ,I love the fabric  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:37 AM

ti2xguer:

I'm not sure I have this posting thing down yet? I finished the Snow Churn block though. woohoo!

Beautiful blocks  and fabric good job.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:42 AM

Thank you Barbara! I have not yet added a list for Branson yet but will be loading my car...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655

Love the fabric, great block, ti2xguer!

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 500

ti2xguer:

Now how do I get the paper removed from the back of my squares so they don't Crunch when you move them......... :)

If you are having difficulty getting the paper off the back without pulling out your stitches, try running the back of your stitch ripper along the seam on the paper and see if that releases it from the stitches.  You might find some tweezers are helpful for getting the small bits out of corners.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235
ti2xguer replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:43 PM

I've been off the computer for a few days. Trying to get my house back in order before the next block design hits us.  hahahah

Page 3 of 4 (50 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use