BOM MARCH

rated by 0 users
This post has 67 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS Posted: Fri, Mar 1 2013 1:45 PM
The two blocks for March are posted on the Pages. When doing the Crown of Thorns2 just read carefully. It was a lot of fun once I READ carefully what to do. I hope you enjoy both!

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:21 AM

Hi Melody,

I like both of those blocks and look forward to making them.

from TN

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Bev, good! I uploaded it yet. I hope everyone enjoys them.

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,265
Erin replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:06 PM

Have the patterns saved, fabric pulled and every thing in a project box. They are really pretty blocks.   I have to make a baby quilt, 2 crib sheets, diaper stacker, diaper bag and some bibs before I can start any more projects. I should be able to start on the March BOM next weekend.   Hope everyone is well... Erin

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 71
Points 1,560
Carol replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:09 PM

I like these patterns too! You are very clever Melody how you pick blocks to match the months (took me a while to figure this out!) like hearts for February (Valentine's Day).

I have to make 2 Bananas in Pyjamas costumes before I start my blocks - I seem to get all the good jobs! It doesn't pay to let people know that you can sew! 

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655

I really like them! I started working on Crown of Thorns last night. I will do my ripping today and do some more sewing today.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 130
thistle replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:02 PM

Melody your choice of blocks for this month is great.  I have fabric pulled and hopefully will be able to start on them today.

thistle

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,397
Points 23,280
Debbie replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:01 PM

Here's my Crown of Thorns 2.  Boy, you said about reading the directions closely.  better I frogged every seam at least once.   not sure I want to do a whole quilt like this but it was challenging. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,397
Points 23,280
Debbie replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:01 PM

Here's my Crown of Thorns 2.  Boy, you said about reading the directions closely.  bet I frogged every seam at least once.   not sure I want to do a whole quilt like this but it was challenging. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957

Dear, great block

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,403
Points 361,167
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:06 PM

Nice work Debbie.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Debbie, I hear ya! lol I frogged my way through this sucker! It became a matter of principal after a while. I do like the block and I love your fabric choices.

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655

I also have frogged my way through so far! I was reading it wrong, geez. I did some wrong cutting. I have started again with different fabric. Not sure I really like it, but I will finish it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Bobbie Joe, I had to sew a part and then stop and read and re-read until I got the steps right in my mind. Once it made sense in my mind I then didn't have a problem. It was a challenge and I'm glad I kept up with it. By the way I frog sew quite well. LOL That's the one thing I'm very proficient at in quilting! LOL

MelodyP

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 10:54 AM

I have been frogging sew well lately that I have had to put seam rippers in a couple of places! LOL. I keep the ergonomic seam ripper/thread eraser right next to the machine, one in the sewing cabinet drawer, 1 on the ironing surfaces- each of the 2 of them, one on the cut table and DH picked up another of the larger grip ones last time we were at the LQS.  He put it in his drawer in the bed!  He said "if you are going to be nice enough to stay awake and quilt (applique) with me I will make it easy for you".  But he makes me give it back to him at the end of the night and made me promise not to "get it myself".  Silly ole coot :)

Jan in Rochester NY

Page 1 of 5 (68 items) 12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use