Feb. BOM

rated by 0 users
This post has 245 Replies | 22 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235

I like Bobbie Joe's interpertation, maybe I will go back and make a second set with the blues, green and yellow to balance out the yellow nd brown block?

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235

Erin, I keep seeing references to "UFO's"....what are they?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,316
Points 18,480

Un Finished Objects...  story of my life! :/

ti2xguer:

Erin, I keep seeing references to "UFO's"....what are they?

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:54 PM

Bobbie Joe Klebe:
Okay, here is my block!

Pretty block. I love it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 1:06 AM

ti2xguer, Well it is so nice that you guys are such a great team! It sure is bringing enjoyment to us with your sharing! ! I attempted to quilt in 1990...too funny as I found some log cabin blocks that I had marked and cut with scissors...I finished it and gave to a friend for Christmas....I found another 34 blocks that I had started at the same time of a spool (now these are truly UFO's!). What is truly funny the page I had torn out of a JC Penny catalog was with the blocks... I somehow made the block like I wanted and did that dreaded "y" seam! It's amazing what you do when you don't know what you are doing!! LOL. So, today I started cutting out some more blocks for the retreat and somehow I come up with a pattern close enough to use with these blocks I had earlier made.........your poor hubby would certainly have reason to be agitated with me!!! But, that's no reason for him to let up on you!! LOL!!!!  Keep them coming!! Again, can't wait to see the finished quilt...it is going to be really nice!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 620
Karen replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 12:08 PM

I have a HST ruler... It makes it almost idiot proof, a real necessity with me, you just line the ruler up corner to corner, draw lines on both sides of ruler sew down each line then slice apart... Best $15 I ever spent, actually that was regular price at Joann's it was 25% off and then my 10%...

Whatever it cost I can't live without it... The one I got came with 3 different sizes...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 620
Karen replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 12:14 PM

Tell hubby to make his own

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 620
Karen replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 12:23 PM

Ok so my posts are kind of random, I'm on my new iPad... Coolest way to do this... No more printing directions... No more wasted trees... But learning how to do things here is different than on my laptop.... 

As for me I have been down for most of January with a hairline crack in my hip... I have a feeling due to medical issues I won't be able to walk without assistance before my 40th birthday in 2014...

so I am getting a late start on my blocks... Got the heart block cut,  now I have to cut the other block but it wasn't a link here in the discussion, so since I'm learning this iPad, I had to write it down then type it into my browser.... 

So when I finish typing I'm going to cut for the HST block...

Mel hope you and your mother are doing well today....

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 510
PalmaRama replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 12:49 PM

Karen sounds like you have had a rough 2013 so far.n I under4stand your pain...i haved had back problems for 22 years and now found out my hip has a large labral tear so am facing surgery to avoid a total hp befor i turn 50...i am only 41 

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655

Thank you so much ti2xguer! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Good Morning Quilting Friends! Has anyone done the 9 patch heart? It is a cute block. Today I have a gift that was sent to me that I am going to be working on to share with you when I finish it. It is so cute! Sew today, if all goes well, I sew! You guys have been so great!

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 26,485
Debbie replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 6:35 PM

Good Morning Quilting Friends! Has anyone done the 9 patch heart? It is a cute block.

MelodyP - I was looking at it and trying to decide on fabric to use.  don't know if I have enough to make the runner, which I like. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 71
Points 1,560
Carol replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:39 PM

Hello everyone! I have made my two blocks for this month and they are in the Media section. (Not sure how to post the pictures here)

I thought everyone would like to know of a great new ruler for trimming Half Square Triangles which makes them a breeze. It is called the Bloc-Loc Ruler and it comes in a variety of sizes. Have a look at http://www.blocloc.com/ to learn more. They also have rulers for trimming flying geese too! Making HQT's is so easy now with these rulers.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 71
Points 1,560
Carol replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:52 PM

My Nine-Patch Heart is a bit different as I re-drafted the block to 6" finished and then made 4 as in the Table-runner shown on the McCall's pattern. I saw on the instructions I downloaded that the finished block was going to be 7 12" which panicked me a little. I should have looked at Melody's 12" block and used her instructions how to make the block. I might have to make another one using Melody's pattern as I really like the dimensions of her heart.

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 620
Karen replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:32 PM

Carol that is beautiful... I also have that great HST ruler... Without it I would never do them... Lol.

i need to get started on this months blocks, I have them cut and the heat block started, need to press...

but I had to clean up my dining/sewing room, I'm having guests for dinner.... So I had to put all my sewing stuff away :(

• Post Points: 5
Page 8 of 17 (246 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use