rated by 0 users
This post has 245 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 7:58 PM

ti2xguer:
Hubby and I just finished 3 Love in the Mist blocks. We are building a quilt for our daughters bed.

I love what you have so far. Your blocks are awesome. It's so cool your DH is doing this with you.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:13 PM

Beautiful!  Lights back on for Super Bowl!! :0)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655

OMG.......I have to tear the new block out again!

I thank you all for the encouragement.

I will start again after I tear out tomorrow.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235
ti2xguer replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 10:47 PM

Kris my Hubby is going to be 66 this year. He is a retired engineer and an Air Force Vet. Very disciplined in so many ways. He is my biggest cheerleader in learning to quilt but also my biggest critic! hahah Fortunately we have worked together for many years and I have learned to let it roll off my back if he gets too intense.  ;)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:23 PM

ti2xguer:

Hubby and I just finished 3 Love in the Mist blocks. We are building a quilt for our daughters bed.

this is going to be a beautiful quilt ,Nice ot have a hubby to share it with . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235
ti2xguer replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 12:18 AM

I'm a little uncertain of all the brown he keeps introducing into it?  We have a lot of that particular fabric. I would like to introduce more pinks, blues and greens.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Here is the second block. Although it can be found in pageshttp://www.mccallsquilting.com/patterns/details.html?idx=15037 By cutting the squares at 3 1/2" for the checkerboard and the sides 3 1/2 x 9 1/2 the...

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
ti2xguer: beautiful quilt! You and DH are doing wonderful! Bobbie Joe: hang in there girl! SoBuzy: Yea the Ravens WON! I and my Mr P. went over to my daughters to watch the game. What a good game!

MelodyP

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235

Thanks Melody. I know we aren't supposed to be negative, but I am still worried about all the brown he is introducing into it?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:39 PM

I think you are doing a wonderful job!! I like the brown....can't wait to see it in finished form....you guys are quite the team as fast as these blocks are going!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
ti2xguer, there will need to be a backing and the brown will be good for that. Then on the front keep adding the pinks and blues to balance it all out. It is starting to really be beautiful! You Guys are a good team!

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Bobbie Joe Klebe Third times a charm!!!!!!!!

MelodyP

• Filed under: |
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,316
Points 18,480

I'm sorry that I missed this. I get so many emails that I can barely keep up these days!!   Plus I've been trying to get caught up on some UFO's and commitments that are due soon.    Anyway, Melody will have to answer that question....I'm not sure if she made that part of February's BOM or not?  I need to get caught up on all the posts I've missed.   But, since it is February I wanted to make some projects with hearts and thought that was really cute. I have 5 different easy heart blocks that I've found and will try to get them made and post them.

ti2xguer:

Thank you Erin. Is the 9 patch heart block part of this series or a different series?

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
The 9 patch heart is the second BOM. Just the pattern on the web sight says 12" but it isn't so in the post I made on the live feed tells how I made it. I also wrote the construction under the picture in the Media section.

MelodyP

• Filed under: |
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655

Okay, here is my block!

• Post Points: 125
Page 6 of 17 (246 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use