Feb. BOM

rated by 0 users
This post has 245 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655

I just walked around the store saying OH MY OH MY OH MY. They must have thought I was a little off.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:02 PM

All the blocks so far made are beautiful - I am going to make this block - printed out the pattern today but alas - no sewing for me today - maybe tomorrow if I am very very lucky... have pain patches on - hoping that they will give me some relief soon...

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

Everyone has done such a beautiful job on their blocks.  I looked for this in paper piecing but no luck.  I still prefer paper piecing, but here's mine:  

• Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:27 PM

Wow, so impressed with everyone's blocks.  I've printed out the pattern and now to go search for fabric that I want to use - after I work on Dana's center.  have one color but want to use two more and find a pattern I want to use.  No idea, yet! 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

Barbara, pretty block

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

Patricia Faye, great block

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 3:30 AM

Patricia Faye- I love your block, the bright colors are gorgeous!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,835
Angele replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 8:20 AM

Melody, being far from my parents, I usually go and take three weeks of my summer to spend with them. During that time, I too am 24/7 with them and since Dad is 97 and Mom 89, they rely more and more on us the caregiver as they lose their independence.  I go home drained both mentally and physically. So yes you are in a difficult place at this time.  Is there any sibling who could come and be with Mom while you take a break?   If not is there some kind of service where you could take your Mom for a few days to a week and re pup? The stress is real especially if you don't have someone to share it with.  Make sure you give yourself the permission to take some me time, otherwise you will be the one in need of care.  Know that we think of you and pray that you can find a way to reduce the stress in your world.  Big quilty hug going straight to you! ;-)

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 9:37 AM

And here's another quilty hug! Melody, Angele's comments are so true and very caring. Having been there on a much smaller scale - i can relate and she is so right on...we love our parents but if you get yourself down....there will be no one to care for either of you...hang in there girlfriend but take time for "me" at some point everyday......and I am joining those who are uplifting you in prayer.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005
February is the month of love and it has never been more evident than right here! I can not begin to tell you all how wonderful you all are! Your prayers are what keeps me going. There are my sister and I doing this. Meg lives with Mom and works at the hospital, she's the printer. We decided a long time ago that we would do this for our Mom. When I worked I was CNA so when Mother was unable to volunteer due to health, a couple of years ago, I began coming over every two weeks and stayed to help. My sister is 7 years younger and has always looked to me for help. Last November Mother fell and it was obvious that she was going to need help all the time. Since my husband and I have one car he has it to go to work. Being a very independent person it has been horrible learning to have to ask for help. Being away from home, my stuff gets to me. Sounds terribly selfish as I write it, but there it is. I have felt like being with Mom has been a blessing, and there are things I can and will do for Mom that my sister can't, so it is good. If I could turn off the "stinkin thinkin" it would be easier for me. I do have 2 kids, a son and daughter but their lives are full of work, school and quite frankly not available for the day to day stuff. My son is the one who would and does do what he can. He is single but works a lot. My daughter also works and is going to school and has her boyfriend............and is a fart in a whirl wind (lovingly) So this is me and you are all my sanity! Thanks again for the prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Melody

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005
Patricia Faye your block is just gorgeous! Nicely done.

MelodyP

• Filed under: |
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235

HEY....... WAIT FOR ME!!!!!   I am having a hard time finding this page once I leave it.   My hubby is working on cutting my squares so I can catch up and get the first February block done too.  ;)

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,848
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 5:57 PM

Patricia Faye, I love your block!  The colors make me smile!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005
ti2xguer How can I make this easier for you to find????? We don't want you to be left out! Melody

MelodyP

• Filed under: |
  • Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 7:52 PM

ti2xguer---You can bookmark the main page of this group, then go into discussions and find the thread you want from there.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Page 4 of 17 (246 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use