Feb. BOM

rated by 0 users
This post has 245 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS Posted: Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:55 PM
Here is the first of February blocks http://www.quilterscache.com/images63/LIAMtitle.gif

MelodyP

• Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Dearest Quilting Friends, Today is a REALLY bad day for me. The lump in my throat is only getting larger as the days go on. It has nothing to do with flu, cold, etc. I think it does have everything to do with Mom being 92 and me being 58 (or 9, don't remember and don't care) and spending 24 7 in this house for far too long. My world is pear shape and I will resume posting the second block with picture tomorrow. I just need to pull myself together today. Sorry.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 95
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 2:11 PM

Melody,

Don't let us be the source of your stress.  We each have our life to live. While is is made more comfortable with our friends here on QCA, you are still doing a volunteer position.  Even if you feel you need to take a month off I am sure we could easily rally and keep each other amused for that.

Take care of yourself first, your mother second and we will be here with smiles on if you need us.

Jan in Rochester NY

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,329
Points 18,745

Hugs Melody~ take a breather and relax! 

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,757
Thea replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 3:28 PM

Melody, being 58 on my way to 59 and having my 87 year old mother here living with me - I kind of know what you are going through - I am in my own home though - although I have been very much displaced since she moved in with us - it is difficult to say the least.  I am confronting a whole different kind of problem then you are though - but I do understand and my heart goes out to you.  I have said a few prayers for you to day and hope that soon you feel those warm wonderful arms enveloping you so that you know you are not alone.

We are in no rush for the next months blocks - heck we have 28 days in the month to do them - so take some really deep breaths... We truly care about you here - HUGZ!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:12 PM

Hey Melody, sorry you are having a bad day. There are times that I jokingly refer to as my "pity party" when I am feeling down and just want to cry (and usually do). I do have to tell my husband though so he won't think there is something he can do to make me feel better. Sometimes you just need to cry you know.  I am looking out my window at the nasty weather we are having and if your weather is like ours that is enough in itself to get you down. I guess that is where the term Winter Blues came from.

As far as the BOM goes, it can certainly wait. If I remember right it did not take everyone to long to make there blocks so there is plenty of time for that when you are in the mood.

So take care of you!

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 8:35 PM

Melody,  (((((HUGS))))), you take care of yourself, don't worry about us

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 9:39 PM

Melody,

Honey dont worry and dont stress easier said than done i know, heck i havent even finished Januarys blocks yet.

Love you honey,

Big hugs being sent your way.

lots of love

Francesxxx

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 290
imlsjagain replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 11:32 PM

Dear Melody,

Don't despair about the quilting group. . . .quilting goes on forever but Moms don't.  Take care of yourself and your mom.  We will still be here when you can come back.

Linda in OK

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Thank you guys for understanding. Just a funk moment. I can relate to those of you who can't figure out the ins and outs of posting, uploading, downloading pictures, etc. Also the construction of these blocks can be a challenge but that's part of the Quilting Bee, to work on things we may not do normally. I love the openness that we have here. Today is a better day!

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Love in a mist http://www.quilterscache.com/L/LoveinaMistBlock.html This block has lots of half square triangles, HST. I followed the directions on the site and found it challenging. You may have an easier method of making and putting these together. Please share if you do.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,819
Points 248,499
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 8:46 AM

Mel I just printed this pattern off ,I love it . beautiful pattern . are we goning to have any more this month?

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,819
Points 248,499
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 8:49 AM

Mel ,I was sorry to hear of your bad day .I hope you are feeling better today . sound like we need a girls day out . Gonna have to get with Phyllis ,Elaine, and Mary and hit Lawerence again LOL   Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barbara, that sounds like soooooo much fun. Problem is unless it is after 3 or on Sat. I can't. Let me though cuz' I'd love to. Love Mel

MelodyP

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 510
PalmaRama replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:52 AM

Got my Feb patterns printed so excited. I am almost done with my January ones taking a bit due to complications....I have pneumonia...yuck...but didn't want to post the done ones until I finish them all!!

Hugs to you Melody I hope things get better for you soon. Blessings to your mother!

Jen

Page 1 of 17 (246 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use