Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 208 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 289
Points 4,710

QCA seems to have fixed the bigger part of the problems we've all been experiencing over the past months. I'm willing to try an "individual-style" BOM now that we all seem to be able to get onto the site and into our groups, etc. It would not require an official moderator to post blocks/instructions. My suggestion would be that we each choose our own blocks, size, fabrics, seasons, skills, techniques, etc., whatever suits us. Then at the end of each month we could post the successes we've had, or acknowledge that we just haven't been able to finish it. (Life does intervene in the best-laid plans, now and then!!) I might suggest that we use the remainder of April to figure out what each of us would like to make, sort through our stashes or purchase what we need, and then start working on our first block May1st (or as close to that time as we can manage). We could go through December (8 blocks) or carry it on into 2015 until we have 12 blocks... whatever works best!

While it's not a true BOM, it would still give each of us a quilting goal, encouragement and help as needed, and a place to chat as we work to help us stay on task. I need that, for sure!

So... there's my idea. If anyone has any other thoughts feel free to expand on this.  kathy   :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,180
lynn replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 3:17 PM

Kathy... that is a wonderful idea.  I have been working on several quilts.  I will post them as soon as my design board is clear.  I have also finished the top of Melody's BOM and I will post that also.  If we do it this way I would like to ask where people got certain blocks if any one would like to sew the block.

lynn

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 289
Points 4,710

Hi Lynn! Good idea to share block ideas if others want to make a similar one. I just ran across a bunch of free block patterns right here on QCA! At the top of the Home Page there is a bar labeled "Free patterns". Click on it, and then on the "most viewed" sorting option and scroll down. Lots of possible ideas and choices!    kathy 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:42 AM

I have been contacted by QCA to see if we want to set up a BOM again.  I would be very happy to take input and be the spokesperson between us and them. I just want to see how many are still interested as it has taken us so long into the year to get up and running. 

Please take a second to respond to a couple of things.  !. are you still interested. 2. Do we want to do 2 a month for 18 months and look toward finishing next fall?  Do we want to do 2 or 3 and make a wall hanging for this fall? 3. Scrappy or do people want it to be just a couple of colors with an approximate yardage for the top at the beginning?

I will watch until this weekend and see what the consensus is.  Feel free to PM me if you would prefer that.

None of this is intended to put pressure on anyone.  If you can do it great, if not than you can cheer us on.  Just a relaxed group with sister quilters.

Jan

• Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,180
lynn replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 9:54 AM

Hi Jan

in response to your questions:

I would like to join the block of the month.  I would like too use no more than 3-4 fabrics and have a theme.  I would like 1 block as I have several projects on the go as doo others and it is easy to get 1 block done a month.  I can then put them on point and complete a quilt for a charity or friend.  The first one I made from my stash and scraps.  The next one I would like a theme to for example Christmas or use a fabric as the main focus and put other fabrics with it.  If I could have a general idea of yardage I would need for the blocks that would suit me the best but I am willing too go with the concensus.

thank you for taking this on.  I will help from Canada anyway I can.

Happy quilting.

lynn

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:26 AM

Jan:
Just a relaxed group with sister quilters.

Jan, I started last years BOM and then dropped the ball after a few months.  If you start up another for this year, maybe I'll continue on with last years if it's still available.  Anyone know if it still is?

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,180
lynn replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 3:24 PM

Good evening,

I think if you log on and go to my groups you will see a link to the left entitled pages.  Click on pages and they should still be posted.  I saw them there last week.  If not I have them saved and if you send me an email address I can forward them to you.

Have a sunny day.

lynn

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 290

Hi, I will probably be a lurker/encourager as we have a lot of house fix 'em up projects going right now.  I love reading about anyone's projects and love seeing the finished blocks. 

How wonderful that you would take on this group.  I have missed it!

Linda in OK

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 5:09 AM

Marie it looks like 2013 blocks are still there. I have a few to finish myself. 

Jan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:36 AM

Jan:

Marie it looks like 2013 blocks are still there. I have a few to finish myself. 

Jan

Thanks Jan, I'll keep that in mind when BOM gets started this year again.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 55

I would be interested in 2 or 3 blocks per month to make smaller wall hangings or table runners.  Keeping the colors simple would be terrific also.  I like having the yardage up front.  It helps me plan better.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 4,840

Hello everyone!  I just joined the group.  Is there a current BOM for 2014 or will there be a new one starting for 2015?  I checked "Pages" but only saw blocks for 2013.  I've never done a BOM but it seems like a great way to get a quilt done without alot of stress!!  Thanks.

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,954
Points 368,352
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 6:16 PM

Barbara there hasn't been any activity here for quite some time. Some of the ladies here have not posted to the site so not sure if they're still with us.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,535
Points 47,570

I just joined this group. I would be interested in a BOM if it gets going again.

Page 14 of 14 (209 items) «Prev1011121314
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use