BOM January 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 11,690
Bev replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:08 AM

Melody,  it is nice that you are able to care for your Mother. I noticed that you were "quiet" yesterday and hoped nothing had happened  Hoped you enjoyed your break and have them often. Thank goodness you like to quilt.

Wishing your Mom a Happy Birthday!

from TN

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 11,690
Bev replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:11 AM

Mel, I had fun doing the Snowblossoms block but it took me about 6 hours. Its a little bit harder to rip out seams in PP. lol

I am going to use PP for the Bees and Fields block to day or tomorrow and I hope it goes faster.

Looking forward to next month! Thanks for creating this group..

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 11,690
Bev replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 11:45 AM

Is it just me or did anyone else have problems with the test square on the Beesandfields block printing out to be one inch? The problem is on the page for templates and since I need the right size for the 4 patch black and white squares I need to fiqure out how to get my test square the right size.

That is what the test square 1" block on the pattern is for, right?   ROFLOL

By George, I think I have got it!!  Finally....

from TN

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Bev, made my own with brown paper, ruler and pencil, so I couldn't say. I do think there have been some who had to fiddle with it. Maybe the one inch square is a joke or something LOL JUST JOKIN'

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 580
Points 11,240
Jan replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:40 PM

I got everything out yesterday to get to the block of the month squares.  I had about 2 - 12 inch squares to finish quilting and was getting VERY excited about going on to what I want to do.  When low and behold, I quilted right through my finger.  Top to bottom.  But I didn't get any blood on the quilt! Please tell me I am not the only one out there dumb enough to sew through their own finger...please.  Never mind, I will be  back in shape in a day or two.  Eager to get to the BOM.

Jan in Rochester NY

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 2:01 PM

Jan, OUCH!!!!!!!  AND LOOK AT YOU WORRYING ABOUT BLOOD ON YOUR QUILT!  OIE VAY! sp?

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

YIKES!!  I have not sewn any fingers (yet) but the other day I was putting new fabric on my ironing board and I shot a staple through my thumb!!  I have to admit, I think I made up a few new dirty words..lol   My Grammy didn't nickname me Grace for nothin!  ;)

Jan:

I got everything out yesterday to get to the block of the month squares.  I had about 2 - 12 inch squares to finish quilting and was getting VERY excited about going on to what I want to do.  When low and behold, I quilted right through my finger.  Top to bottom.  But I didn't get any blood on the quilt! Please tell me I am not the only one out there dumb enough to sew through their own finger...please.  Never mind, I will be  back in shape in a day or two.  Eager to get to the BOM.

Jan in Rochester NY

Piece, Love, Quilt

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 290

My Bees and Fields block printed out 15/16 instead of 1 inch.  I enlarged it 106% and it came out perfectly.  Hope this helps.  Linda in OK

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 11,690
Bev replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 6:34 PM

Okay I have to ask some questions. What size is the bee block suppose to be unfinished?  Mine finished at 6 and 1/2 inches. When it came to the 4 patch I am assuming it should be the same size but if 6 1/2 is right then I must have not used that scant 1/4 in. I enlarge the pattern for the 4 patch and came up with an 8 in block which I liked the size of.    I really like this pattern and want to get it right!  Help me.......heehee

from TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Bev, you are going to be our Bee expert! LOL the entire block is a 12" finished, 12 1/2" with seam allowances. That would make each quadrant 6 1/2.

MelodyP

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 11,690
Bev replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:14 PM

Thanks Mel!     Buzzing here,  The quadrant was what I wanted to know so I just have to do that scant 1/4 inch and I should be okay. Did I say how much I love paper piecing! It was easier than the templates.  Have a good night!

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 11,690
Bev replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:18 PM

imlsjagain:

My Bees and Fields block printed out 15/16 instead of 1 inch.  I enlarged it 106% and it came out perfectly.  Hope this helps.  Linda in OK

How do you enlarge the pattern for the template page? Thought I had it but found differently when I did the 4 patch.  Must be my PC cause it couldn't be me. :-)

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,277
Points 254,474
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:25 PM

Bev ,it was me .My templates were all messed up and the worng size.  Not sure why as I thought I had adjusted the size on my printer.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 510
PalmaRama replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:26 PM

Hi Jan

I am sorry you sewed your finger and I sure hope you feel better soon and are back to the sewing machine. I have never sewn my finger but can relate to the being out of sewing commision for a bit because mother's day 2012   I was in a hurry..had a quilt project for my son's kindergarten teacher and needed to meet my deadline and get a border cut ...so I changed my blade on my rotary cutter and didn't take my time to be careful and sliced off the right side of my left index finger about 1 inch piece of it...ended up in the ER because it wouldn't stop bleeding....grrrrrrrr....@#@$@@#$###!@#@#**  that's how I felt and probably how I talked for a bit....LOL....and it made me unable to sew for about 6 days and then made my sewing very very slow for another week.

I feel for you and hope for quick healing and good job not getting blood on your quilt!!!!

jen

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,277
Points 254,474
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:26 PM

Bev you do it on your printer settings. once you hit print a screen should pop up and that is were you make the adjustments .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 28 of 41 (602 items) «Prev2627282930Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.