BOM January 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:08 AM

Mel ,you are one of the lucky ones who is skinny as a rail .so you can ..LOL  I look at chocolate and I gain 5 lbs .LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Now Barb, I have been very careful to NOT bring up my weight! LOL Besides I just posted it I didn't invent it! LOL Luv ya. Mel

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
WELCOME to the folks who have checked out our group! I hope you find it informative and just plain fun! You will have to go back to the first page of discussions to find the blocks for January. Please feel free to ask questions, make comments and suggestions. I believe...... there is no such thing as a stupid question!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:01 PM

I have been working on the first block bees and fields ,My block is only coming out to 9 inches.I adjusted my printer and my square On the templates is measured at one inch . Is anyone else having a problem ?I have done it twice.. just curious if there is a misprint on the pattern. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Oh I am glad you posted this before I started. I am already freaking out over PP and if it came out messed up I would have been ' so over' pp...lol  I will sit back and wait to see what everyone else comes up with before I proceed with Bees and Fields.

Barbara:

I have been working on the first block bees and fields ,My block is only coming out to 9 inches.I adjusted my printer and my square On the templates is measured at one inch . Is anyone else having a problem ?I have done it twice.. just curious if there is a misprint on the pattern. Barbara

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Barb- I just measured my B&F printout and it is 6.5" (with seam allowance). When I went to the pattern again I remembered that I had to click on the pattern to get it to show up 100% before printing.  I hope you can figure out your problem. I am going to use scraps to make my first one to try it out before I cut into my patriotic fabrics.

Barbara:

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:27 PM

Both of my squares Erin only came out to 4.5 inc.  that is way I wondered of the blocks was misprinted as a 12 in block . I know it happens .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Also--- are you printing out the regular template (that needs 1/4 inch seam allowance  added) or the Paper Piecing template?

I will shut up now... :)

Erin

Erin:

Barb- I just measured my B&F printout and it is 6.5" (with seam allowance). When I went to the pattern again I remembered that I had to click on the pattern to get it to show up 100% before printing.  I hope you can figure out your problem. I am going to use scraps to make my first one to try it out before I cut into my patriotic fabrics.

Barbara:

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:39 PM

Erin,I did set it to 100 %, Mine always comes up larger . I guess my templates are to small. I 'll go back and try and see if I can readjust the templates Thanks good luck with yours . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:43 PM

I have printed it out but haven't started sewing yet, I did measure the test square and it is right.  We have to make 2 bees and 2- 4 patch square in a square right?

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:46 PM

Leslie ,yes .2 of each .I just think my templatesare set for 9 inc.that has to be my problem cause my first row came out 9 in intead of 12.5 so it has to be on my end ..LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:49 PM

Thanks Barbara,  I planned on doing the pp pattern

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barbara, Erin, Leslie, I do not have access to a printer right at the moment, so I have gone back to the paper and pencil and see if I can help figure this out. The Bee & Field Block

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 2:05 PM

Mel I don't know what I fid but I think it me that printed the pattern wrong. I thought I had it set up for 100% which should have made my template the correct size .but I will recheck it . Its not a problem ,I just wish I'd caught it before I used my fabric ..LOL  live and learn ...I'll just have two block  one 12 one 9 inc. I'll  find someplace to put it ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 2:19 PM

Barbara:

Barbara,

try drawing the block in EQ and print your templates/pp patterns from there.

• Post Points: 35
Page 6 of 41 (602 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use