Questions and Answers with your sewing.

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella Posted: Sat, Jun 2 2012 3:34 PM

I am having problem with my tension where the thread gathers. Anyone have any advise, suggestions or comments that could help me on this.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Hi Arzella. What kind of tension problem are you having? When is the last time you cleaned your sewing machine? A dirty sewing machine has tension problems. Does your sewing machine have open access to the top tension disk so you can clean this (some machines do, and on some machines it is sealed up and can only be cleaned by a professional) Have you visited this website on how to adjust your tension? Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 http://www.superiorthreads.com/education/tension/thread-tug-of-war-how-tension-works

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Here is another suggestion. Completely unthread your sewing machine, both top and bottom. Cut off and discard at least 6 inches of the top thread. Rethread the machine, both top and bottom. Hope this helps.

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 9:14 PM

Thank you Denise for sending me that website on the tension.  It helped me to understand more about how the tension work.  Thanks again.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 9:16 PM

Thank you for the information on the tension.  It has helped me to understand how the tension work.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

So glad the website explanation helped. It is the clearest explanation I have ever found. I have it in a sheet protector right next to my sewing machine so I can refer to it frequently. Happy quilting

Denise Smart

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use