Do You Have Any Tips in Making a Bargello Quilt?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella Posted: Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:24 PM

If you have any tips you would like to share with us, that would be greatly appreciated.  Sometimes there might be other ideas or tips such as how to put your colors together and you would like to share this information with the beginners of making a Bargello Quilt.  If you have any information that would help the beginner to get started on making a Bargello Quilt, then lets share it here.

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025

I have one tip.  Use a pattern.  Just kidding.  I would say if you're working on mirrored image Bargellos, think about where the sections will come together.  If I had separated my strips one more square over, or added and extra piece to the end of each one prior to sewing them, I would not have had one center strip (with an odd number of rows) instead of two of the same (with an even number).  Does that make sense?

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 45
Gina replied on Wed, Aug 8 2012 7:15 PM

Hello Quilters

One good on-line source for some bargello information can be found at quilt in a day, then at the top of that home page go to television and videoor the other link on the page that says media.  At the list of media clips go to the 3100 series.  Show 3101, Quick trips quilts, and show 3102 quick quarter quilts.  Elenor Burns takes the fear out of the process.

Hope this helps anybody who may be fearful of any part of the process with bargello.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,295

This is a tip to help speed up the assembly process of making the strip sets. Taking your ironing board and place it on your left hand side extending out and away from your sewing machine table at a right angle. When you are sewing together your strip sets you can lay them out on the ironing board, lining up the entire length that has to be sewn.

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 12:41 AM

lots of starch to minimize stretching.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use