Did you work on your Bargello Quilt today?

rated by 0 users
This post has 91 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

I am trying to learn to do a better job of selecting fabric for bargello quilts. In an effort to learn, I decided to use the exact same strip set I had used in Oriental Splendor bargello, and use it in a different bargello pattern. Same fabric, in the same exact order in the strip set. I have finished the body of the quilt, which will be called Cherry Blossom Meditations. When I went to audition border fabric the same border fabric which looked lovely in Oriental Splendor was dismal for Cherry Blossom Meditations. After trying roughly 30 different fabrics I finally found a border I liked. After discussing it with my husband, who generously gives input on my quilts, I think I am starting to see a pattern in what makes a border fabric work for a bargello quilt. The border fabric should have roughly every color present in the bargello, in roughly equal proportions, with no color or pattern being prominent. That lets the body of the bargello be the star of the show. I should have Cherry Blossom Meditations finished by this weekend. It looks nothing like Oriental Splendor even though it has the same strip set.

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Any help here? do I need it. Cant I just use the 45 on my cutting board?

The short answer is you do not have to use the " bias stripper ruler". You can use the 45 angle on your cutting board to make the first cut.

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 5
Page 7 of 7 (92 items) «Prev34567
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use