Did you work on your Bargello Quilt today?

rated by 0 users
This post has 91 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella Posted: Fri, Jan 13 2012 2:41 PM

Did you work on your Bargello Quilt today?  If so, how long will it be until you are finished with it or have you completed it yet.  If you have, please feel free to post your pictures in the media and share with us.

• Post Points: 185
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 2:40 PM

I looked at it!  Got a few other quilts to finish first. 

Thanks for getting this group started Arzella.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 5:43 PM

I am working on mine now!   Can't wait to see what others are doing... Candis

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:41 PM

Candis;  I just finished my first bargello.  I took it to work to show everyone and they loved it.

replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 9:35 PM

I saw it and commented! It is very lovely, wonderful job!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 632
Points 9,395
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 4:48 PM

I have my four sets of strips sewn together, but  haven't closed my  barrel yet.  I will press tonight, then on to cross cutting.  I hope to have this one done and delivered by Valentine's Day.  I'm nervous to cross cut such a large amount of fabric.  I also think my smallest cut will be 1-1/2", not 1".

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

Margaret 

• Post Points: 50
replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 5:24 PM

Girl making your tube and cross cutting is the easy part, my hardest part of a Bargello, is adding and taking away sections and piecing those 1 1/2 sections. I can not let my mind wonder, if I tried to do something else, I would mess up. You will do great

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 632
Points 9,395
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Jan 24 2012 11:22 AM

I am posting new photos of the end of Phase One.  All strips cut, sewn and pressed. 

Phase Two: Cross cutting, sewing and pressing to being!

Margaret

replied on Tue, Jan 24 2012 11:37 AM

You go girl!!! Can't wait to see.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 632
Points 9,395
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Jan 24 2012 2:48 PM

I've been told not to use steam when pressing.  I couldn't hardly stand it and had to turn it on.  What's your opinion?

Pro-Steam or Anti-Steam.

Margaret

• Post Points: 50
replied on Tue, Jan 24 2012 3:20 PM

You will get so many opinions on this topic.  It is a personal decision I feel. I steam all the time, I do not prewash fabrics, I chose to wash everything after quilting so it all shrinks up together, giving it that antique quilt look. I use a shout color catcher in all my quilts I wash in case of any color run. I have read if you steam iron you get some shrinkage, and you can possibly tell the color fastness of a questionable fabric.   So I personally steam the heck out of mine, I love steam. I have been quilting for a long time and never had any problems...  I do dry iron paper pieced items though, but everything else. Go steam go !!    There is no right or wrong way,  just your way. Contrary to some popular beliefs. There Is No Quilt  Police!    There is nothing in the world perfect. Only God is perfect!   So do whatever you want it's your creation, your masterpiece!! Your the artist!!!     

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 24 2012 11:04 PM

Margaret,

I stem when a block is finished or if I'm not to worried about the block stretching. I have no hard and fast rules on the subject. Sometimes I can get by without steam sometimes I can't do what pleases you.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, Jan 25 2012 6:52 PM

Margaret,

You will be ok.  When you finish it, you will see your great work and want to do another.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, Jan 25 2012 6:54 PM

You can do it Margaret.  Just believe in yourself.  You will be very happy when you see the finish product.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:22 PM

Candis;

Right now I am working on my second Bargello Wall Hanging.  I just sewed my strips together yesterday and today I just chilled.  Tomorrow I will get on it and cut my strips to the design I want it to be.  Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow (Saturday).

Page 1 of 7 (92 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use