Do you have a pattern to share?

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:02 PM

Becky have you started on something new yet?

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,295

I have completed the piecing of five bargello quilts so far this year. They are all posted in my gallery.  In chronological order I did Ocean Current bargello, then Wind in the Willows, then Patriotic Dreams, then Summer Joy, and then Pandemonium. If I post them in the bargello group, only people in the group can see them, so I post them in the main gallery. Then I pieced Crystal Reflections, a scrappy hunters star with my stained glass border treatment, which has been very popular, and a Koi Garden quilt which will get free motion quilted.

I am currently working on JInny Beyers Kashmir pattern which has proven to be a challenge. First I had less than 1/4 of the fabrics called for in the pattern. My border fabric, which is the main part of the quilt, is the wrong colorway and I only had 4 yards and the pattern calls for over 7 yds. I am having to be really really creative. The first 16 blocks are done and the quilt is already insisting that it wants be Firefly Glow, not Kashmir. A completely different vibe than what I had envisioned. But I never try to force a quilt design. If it isn't working and wants to be something different, I go with it. I may finish the next 20 blocks after dinner tomorrow. Then the challenge of tying them together cohesively begins.

Of course sometimes things turn out bad, but as long as I am learning, and growing, and sharing, I am happy.

Denise Smart

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,295

I found a great new free bargello pattern and an accompanying 25 minute long you tube video on how to make it by Northcott

http://www.northcott.com/newspdf/SerenityBargello-FreePattern.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjyjNCNFa_0

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 6:53 AM

Wheeze, how are you coming along with your quilt?

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 760
Points 11,385
weezee56 replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 8:04 PM

The pattern I choose to do wasn't a bargello, but around the world. Here is a picture of it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 5:08 PM

I found this great link for free bargello patterns at http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com/2012/05/free-pattern-day-bargello-quilts.html. If you are interested in checking out various designs. I do not know when the free part expires though and they change the type of designs available.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 5:11 PM

Thanks for the link, I am always looking for further inspiration on my quilting and expanding what I know :)

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use