Do you have a pattern to share?

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella Posted: Mon, Apr 22 2013 5:27 PM

Do you have a sew easy pattern you would like to share with a beginner?   You can help a person to get started with a quick and easy pattern.  (Bargello)

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

I would love a recommendation for a beginner Bargello quilt pattern - or a great book that explains the process.  I am new to quilting and love the look of the Bargello quilts.  Thanks for any advice you can share!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Mon, May 6 2013 8:08 PM

Darla, it is also a good thing to go to the library

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 610

Hi , I have a free pattern to share https://sites.google.com/site/bargelloquiltpatterns/   scroll down and it will be the 2nd from the last the name is My Lil Bargello Quilt Top E-Pattern PDF

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 352
Points 7,940
didash replied on Mon, May 13 2013 7:55 AM

I just purchased some of your patterns, Becky!  Can't wait to start them...now if I can get the current projects finished.... LOL!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 610

Awesome and thank you , if you ever have any questions please feel free to contact me

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, May 15 2013 7:50 PM

Becky do you have a website that you sell patterns on.  If you do, please share it.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 610

Hi , yes I do  I am on Craftsy here is the link hope it works http://www.craftsy.com/user/22967/pattern-store

Lil Becks Corner

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Tue, May 21 2013 8:38 PM

I am already a member Becky.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 465
SeaJay replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 10:39 PM

A local Quilt shop is going to be offering a Bargello (with a twist) class and I was thinking about signing up - but I noticed that several people on here have mentioned making a Heart Bargello - would that pattern be easy to start with? I'm sure I would benefit from taking the class but sure would like a heart one insead.

Seajay

Wisdom comes with age but sometimes age comes alone.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Hi Seajay. Here is my personal opinion.

First find out if the Bargello with a twist class is using a pattern from Maggie Balls book Bargello with a Twist or from Eileen Wrights book Twist and Turn Bargello. If it is from Bargello with a Twist  this does not use the strip pieced tube construction technique and will not benefit you in learning to construct a bargello heart quilt. Great patterns, and a new fun technique to learn, it just may not be want you want.

If it is from Eileen Wrights book Twist and Turn Bargello you will learn the strip pieced tube construction technique and it will benefit you in learning to construct a bargello heart quilt. This book has excellent illustrations on the construction technique for bargellos.

There are at least two widely available Heart Bargello patterns.

There is the more advanced (please don't try this is as your first ever bargello unless you are very organized. It is not difficult, it just requires a lot of labeling and organization) Melindas Heart http://www.ericas.com/quilting/patterns/bargello.htm

Or the much simpler designs by Becky Botello http://www.craftsy.com/user/22967/pattern-store

Happy quilting

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 465
SeaJay replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:07 PM

Well, I just looked at the class info sheet and it says Maggie Ball is teaching the class soooo.... I guess I better look around the web and see what I'm getting myself into.LOL. I kind of decided that just taking any quilting class and getting myself back into it would be good. A plus for her class is that they are only having 9 students because of the size of the stores workroom. I have to wait until Oct for the class.

Thanks for your input - I will be looking up all your suggested patterns.

Seajay

Wisdom comes with age but sometimes age comes alone.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,135
Points 17,490
weezee56 replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:02 AM

I finally found the 10 fabrics I'm going to use in by quilt. The pattern I found has you make 4 tubes. I have been cutting my strips today and will start sewing tomorrow (Friday).  It shoud be interesting.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 610

Hi just letting ya know that I have all my patterns on sale on Ebay    http://stores.ebay.com/Lil-Becks-Corner

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:01 PM

Denise how are you coming along with your quilt?

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use