Do you have any tips?

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Carol from Pittsburgh:

I have EQ which is supposed to have the capability to assist with bargello  design, but I find it's not that easy for that purpose.

You can find my top three tips for designing bargello in EQ by following this link

http://doyoueq.com/quilt_gallery/pillar-of-flame-bargello/

I already have the blocks set up in EQ7 only (they are not backwards compatible to earlier versions) for a 24 color strata and an 18 color strata.

You can see other EQ bargello designs in the quilt gallery.

Let me know if you are interested in the EQ7 24 or 18 color bargello blocks and I will try to figure out how to get them to you.

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 17,070

Thanks, Denise!   I read your tips and I'm working on putting together some blocks in EQ7.  It's been so long since I've used EQ, I feel like I'm starting from the beginning with it again.  But that's OK.  Learn by doing!  I appreciate your help.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Tue, May 21 2013 8:19 PM

Hello Denise,  I never usedEQ 7 but would like to learn it.  Is it compatible with any computer?

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Arzella:

Hello Denise,  I never usedEQ 7 but would like to learn it.  Is it compatible with any computer?

Hi Arzella. Yes EQ7 is compatible with any computer, even Apple computers using an emulator. It will even run on Netbooks, although people complain about the small netbook screen. There is an EQ Software Group here at Quilters Club of America.

I just want to give my opinion. I love EQ7 and would not be able to create the quilts I do without its help. I just want to say that in my opinion, it is a very powerful and complex piece of software. That means it has a long learning curve (think months not weeks) and if you don't use it about once a quarter you forget the more advanced commands.

With that said there are many EQ classes, books etc... The online lessons, help, and videos are great. They also have the best technical support I have ever seen.

Denise Smart

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 17,070

Sometimes insomnia can be a good thing. Still awake at 4 AM, thinking about Bargello quilts. I figured out how I can get the Bargello Designer 32 software to work. My mother has an old desktop computer that runs Windows XP. She never uses the computer (At 88 yrs old, she just can't get the hang of internet) so I could bring it to my house and purchase the software for that computer!  So that would give me the software I want and get the computer out of her way. I'm excited now!  .....but still could use some sleep.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 17,070

Arzella,  If you are considering buying quilt design software, take a look at Quilt Pro 6 and EQ7.   I have both and find that Quilt Pro is a lot easier to use. It just doesn't do as much as EQ7.  Also, Quilt Pro is $60 less.   http://electricquilt.com/online-shop/electric-quilt-7/

That's the link for EQ.  I'll send the link for Quilt Pro in a separate post. I've never been able to put more than one link in the same post on this site!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 17,070

Here's Quilt Pro 6       http://www.quiltpro.com/page/QP6_overview_quilts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Carol from Pittsburgh:

. I figured out how I can get the Bargello Designer 32 software to work. ... So that would give me the software I want and get the computer out of her way.

What a great idea. The Bargello Designer 32 software is really easy to learn and use. You will be making your own designs on day one.

Denise Smart

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, May 22 2013 10:53 AM

Denise, where do you get the Bargello designer at?  I would like to get one.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Arzella:

Denise, where do you get the Bargello designer at?  I would like to get one.

https://www.softexpressions.com/software/bar/index.html Download the software for a free 30 day trial. Then purchase the software at the end of the 30 day period

Denise Smart

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, May 29 2013 7:38 PM

Carol, you can try Quilt University online.  It taught me a few things.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 17,070

I purchased a refurbished laptop that has Windows XP and it arrived today. The Bargello 32 software download of the free trial worked! I'll be away for a couple days but when I get back home I'll try it out.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:25 PM

Denise, I don't have the EQ7' bit I think I will get it.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use