Did you work on your Bargello quilt today?

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 9:22 AM

Denise,I can't wait to see your quilt.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 11:09 AM

Not here, not yet.  It was posted in Smokey Mtn Mamas Retreat and I will get it posted here within the next day or two but I still don't have the borders on....oh well!:)

Kathy

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 2:08 AM

Finished the top for my first bargello (and it's also my first king-sized quilt) last Thursday.  My seam allowances must have been just a hair smaller than 1/4 because when I put it on the bed, there is no need for borders!!  I will try to get a fairly decent photo tomorrow when I sandwich it for quilting.  I used Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Bargello pattern since this was my first one.  The next will be one of Becky Botello's  - Spiral Bargello - after I get the Christmas gifts done :)

Being a newbie quilter, I was surprised how easy this was to do...so now I'm ready to take on the challenge of Becky's.  I did learn early in the process, however, to take the time to PIN every seam intersection when assembling the rows! Takes more time but worth it!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 9:50 PM

Top finished and ready to start quilting middle section (I use the split batting technique with large quilts since the quilting must be done on my small home machine).

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:57 PM

Did ash, you did a good job.  I like it.

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use