Did you work on your Bargello Quilt today?

rated by 0 users
This post has 91 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Mon, May 21 2012 1:30 PM

Patti, I'm sure if I could get my bargello done in three months with no pattern.  You'll be able to get yours done in time.  Post some photos of your progess in the media section.  We need to liven up this group a little.  Maybe we could encompass strippy quilts since bargellos are kind of strippy.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Inspiration strikes! It will take me roughly another 1.5 weeks to finish the machine applique on the Bluebonnets quilt (pattern by Carol Morrissey) I working on now, so naturally I am thinking about what quilt to start next. I have been thinking about doing Becky Botello's Spiral Burst Bargello http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spiral-Burst-Bargello-PDF-/260854360112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbc21a830. Fabric.com is having a $3.95 and $4.95 cotton print sale. I found some amazing fabric. They have Paula Nadelstern's Deja Vu line which I think will be stunning with this pattern. I have placed my order. Look for a post of the fabrics I have selected in about 2 weeks.  I've got  a really good feeling about this bargello.

Denise Smart

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

I have selected my 24 fabrics for the Spiral Burst bargello by Becky Botello. I was inspired by Paula Nadelsterns fabrics, and am trying for an elegant art deco look. I am busy pressing and cutting my strips. I will post a picture as soon as I am done cutting the fabric strips.  I have also recreated Beckys design in Electric Quilt to be sure I understand the design. It is a fairly advanced design (for a bargello.) I think if I could do the Aurora Borealis design from the Twist and Turn bargello book I should be able to handle this. I think I can, I think I can!

I was pleasantly surprised in how many views I got of my fabric selections for Becky Botello Sweet Dreams bargello. There weren't many comments so I am not sure if you were looking at the fabric selection, or were interested in my idea of writing numbers on the flat head pins and using them as labels.

What kind of information would you like me to share???

Happy quilting.

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

I redid my fabric selection for Becky Botello Spiral Burst bargello, moving two fabrics to a new position, subtracting one fabric, and adding a new fabric. I posted pictures of the original fabric layout, and the new fabric layout. I have sewn 8 sets of the 24 fabrics together in strips of two. It is now time to press them open and keep sewing.

Denise Smart

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 8:30 AM

Dismart;

Let me know how your spiral burst come out.  I can't wait to see it.  I think that is a challenge to do that one.  I just might try it.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:28 AM

yes, at long last I am working on my bargello.  I could also put this in the UFO group as I have had it a long time.  Here is my progress.  I hope to get all the strips done by this weekend.  When I am finished with the top, I will post it in media, but for progress I will just post it here. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 11:41 AM

Patti, very nice work.  See they're not as hard as you think.  Yours is more intircate than mine was, but these are so beautiful.  It so cool to see them come toghether while you're making them.  And the accomplichment you feel when you're done is awesome.  Look at what you can do! 

Rock on, girl and keep posting.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 105
darla65 replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 2:19 PM

Where can one get Becky Botello's Spiral Burst pattern?

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 105
darla65 replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 3:20 PM

Patti, is this your original pattern? It is beautiful. If you don't mind, can I have the name  or would you share your pattern?

Thank you,

Darl

Texas

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:13 PM

I just finished (well I need to square it up and bind it) a Spiral Burst Bargello. I thought the hardest thing was picking out all the material. It was fun to do and I love the results. Have fun at it. The thing I did was take each piece of fabric and numbered it and then hung it on my cork board to refer to it. That way I never got confused as to where I needed to open the seam and move the pieces of fabric. As long as you are organized I do not think they are hard to make. I have made other Bargellos, but never had so many colors to keep track of.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:19 PM

Clotilde has it or Ebay. You can also just Googel it and you should be able to find where you can purchase it. If you still can not find it let me know.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 9:00 AM

darla65:
Patti, is this your original pattern? It is beautiful. If you don't mind, can I have the name  or would you share your pattern?

This pattern is called Melinda's Heart.  By Heidi Farmer.  Ribbon Quilts is her trade mark.  She states that her mother-in-law wanted a bargello ribbon quilt, so she tried to design one, but it turned into a heart instead.  She put it in the county fair, and soon people started asking for the pattern.  She has made other patterns since.  Her husband was surprised and pleased that her quilting was turning into a business that made money.   She is from a small town in Eastern WA.  Where one of my favorite quilt stores is.  If you can't find the pattern on line or in a quilt store, her address is 6663 Martin Rd, Ephrata, WA 98823.  phone: 509 754-0954.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 9:06 AM

I found the pattern on line. http://www.ericas.com/quilting/patterns/bargello.htm

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Jul 29 2012 8:49 AM

Most of yesterday I worked on it.  Finished all the rows.  Now sewing them together.  wow does that take a lot of time.  Looks like I will be sewing all day today too.  I want the top done by the end of the month. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Making steady progress on the Spiral Burst Bargello pattern. I posted a picture of the strips on my design wall in the media section. This is definitely an intermediate level bargello, but certainly not as hard as the Aurora Borealis from Twist and Turn Bargello. I finished sewing together the bottom right panel today. It sure shrinks up a lot. I second what Bonnie said about being organized for this pattern. I saved the leftover ragged end from the first strip set and prominently labeled each fabric to help me keep all the re-organized strips straight. What I like most about this pattern is the design has three different distinct designs, but all the fabric is used equally. Now that is clever.

Denise Smart

Page 4 of 7 (92 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use