Welcome to Bargello Group. Introduce yourself.

rated by 0 users
This post has 65 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,295

Yes I have definitely used "Colorwash Bargello Quilts" to help me pick, and more importantly how to arrange the sequence, of fabric used in my last four bargello quilts. I have a yellow sticky note on the part of the book for selecting fabrics so I can find it faster. For example when I picked the 24 batik fabrics for the Sweet Dreams Bargello pattern I thought they looked pretty good together. After I cut them into 2" strips and laid them out one section of the quilt felt wrong. After I consulted the book it turned out the problem was she calls "Visual Texture".  I switched one fabric out with another that was almost the same exact color and value, but had a completely different visual texture and scale.  The whole strip set clicked together and then I was happy with it.

Denise Smart

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Sharon, I just joined the group and saw your post about a sunset bargello. 

I think it's really do-able; I've seen a pattern where sunlight shimmering on water was beautifully rendered in bargello (there were fish and plant appliques too). 

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item--i-H-VSD-MBQ-QK  (other vendors also sell the molokini bay quilt pattern)

I think the same methods can be used to represent a sunset!  And it will be gorgeous.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Oh, Patti! That is such wonderful news!  Quilt your heart out -- and quilt your love into the quilt.  I'm getting a little weepy just thinking about it.  My very best wishes go out to him!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 75
dscline61 replied on Wed, May 1 2013 11:24 AM

I just finished my first attempt at Bargello by making a set of placemats. They came out okay, but not as well as I would have liked. I did make some notes about what might help me next time. I am just glad I finally tried it!

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 125
Barbara replied on Wed, May 1 2013 1:49 PM

Hi, 

i'm Barbara and I just found and joined this group.  I am interested in learning because I made a Bargello quilt recently and will try to add in the picture, but it was so difficult that I swore that I would never make another one.  Recently, I found a new pattern which seems a lot easier, but I prefer to work in a group to find a way to create.  Very much looking forward to following and learning!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 65

Hi Arzella,  I haven't done any Bargello work yet!  I've got lots of patterns because it just catches my eye and I have to buy them!  Now that I've joined this group I'm going to look through my patterns and get started on one.  Looking forward to all the information this group will provide.  As I'm writing this I do remember doing a purse using Bargello.  I'll have to locate the picture and post it.  Thanks for offering this Group.

Carol

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 759
Points 11,380
weezee56 replied on Wed, May 1 2013 10:28 PM

Hi All,
I'm (Louise), I just got some quilting books from the library and one of them had a Bargello quilt pattern in it. I thought it really looked nice and I thought I'd like to try it. I might like to check out, you tube, and see what videos they might have.

weezee56

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, May 2 2013 6:46 PM

Hello wheeze,  I thought that was a good idea getting a book from the library.  I must do that sometime.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, May 16 2013 7:20 PM

Hello Tylea, glad you could join us.  I hope you have put your pictures in the media section for all of us to see.  I hope everything with your back goes well.  Keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing.  Good luck to you.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, May 16 2013 7:39 PM

Hello Carol,  let us know when you get started on your Bargello quilts.  We cannot wait to see them.  We would love for you to post your Bargello purse.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, May 16 2013 7:43 PM

Hello Barbara,  that is a very pretty Bargello quilt.  Why don't you try doing a Bargello lap quilt.  That wouldn't be as hard.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, May 16 2013 7:52 PM

Congratulations on your completion.  We would love to see your place mats.  I hope you put them in the media section for everyone to see.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, May 16 2013 7:58 PM

Well Denise, we would love for you to put your quilts in the media section for everyone to see.  Seem like you have been busy.  Maybe you have some tips you would like to share with the beginners of this group.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, May 16 2013 8:04 PM

Hello Kristen,  good luck on your first Bargello.  When you finish, please put it in the media section for everyone to see.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, May 16 2013 8:12 PM

Hello Cathy,  I red there was a website called Quiltville.com  that gives information.  Also if you are interested try Quilt University.com

Page 4 of 5 (66 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use