Welcome to Bargello Group. Introduce yourself.

rated by 0 users
This post has 65 Replies | 22 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 405
Sharon replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 12:20 PM

Hi there

I was so glad to see this new group just when I need it. I've been wanting to start a bargello for ages. My mom bought me one of  Marge Edie's books for Christmas(well I bought it, she paid for it ;-) ) and I'm itching to get started.

However, I first need to make a good bye gift for a friend who's moving back to the US from South Africa. I had several ideas in mind, but eventually decided to make some sort of African Sunset quilt.... and I think a bargello might just work.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions..... I'm open to ANY comments.

Regards

Sharon (in South Africa)

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 5:26 PM

Hello Sharon;

I requested from the QCA Admin. that I wanted to start a Bargello group started and thank God it happened.  Welcome to our group.  I would love to see your bargello quilt when you finish it.  Make sure you post it in the media section for everyone to see.  That's good that you are making a quilt for a friend.  I am quite sure she will appreciate it very much.  Remember, we all are here for you if you have any questions.   Be Blessed.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:07 PM

Hello Debbie;

Welcome to the group!  I am glad you found us.  I requested from the QCA Admin. to get us a Bargello group started and it happened.  I would love to see your quilt when you get finished with it.  I am in a class at Quilt University Online so I can learn more about the Bargello quilts.  It is a lot of fun and very interesting.  You should check it out sometime.  Don't forget to post your quilt in the media section when you finished it.  Be Blessed.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:14 PM

Hello JHowson;

Glad you could join us.  Welcome to the group.  I love doing the bargello.  I am working on one right now and hope to finish is soon.  It probably will be finished by tomorrow.  I am glad you have started your first Bargello quilt.  It will seem to be hard at first but if you read the instructions over a few times, then you will see how easy it is.  Good luck on your bargello quilt and don't forget to post it in the media section when you finish with it so we all can see your work.  Be Blessed.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35

I have never done a Bargello quilt but I'd love to learn any and all I can about these quilts.  I think they are some of the most interesting quilts I've ever seen.  What's the best technique?   Are solid colors the only way to do one?  I'm really excited to be a part of this group.:)

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 8:28 PM

Umademesew;  it can be anyway you want it to be.  you can use designs or plain colors.  Check out the Bargello's in the media that I have done so far.  I am learning through the Quilt University Online.  This might be a great place for you to start for you to learn more about how to do Bargello's.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 145
cathy replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:03 PM

Hi, I am new to this group.

Have been looking for a bargello group.  Love making these quilt designs.

From northern Wisconsin.  Am looking for a double heart for a queen size bed.  Anyone have a pattern for one?

Cathy from Ashland

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,635
Gail71 replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 10:12 AM

Hello,  I am also new to the group, but have made 41 Bargello quilts.  I love making them.  I too like the Quilt University Online site.  One of my Bargello quilts is the sample that is shown on the Bargello Blues supply list.  I called that one "Mud Slide" as it is so brown.  I find that if you have something other than solids, the fabrics blend better.  You have to use what your eye likes best. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 6:59 PM

Hello Gail;

Welcome to the group.  I hope you put pictures of all your Bargello Quilts in the media section for all of us to see.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 7:02 PM

Welcome to the group Cathy;

We are glad to have you.  If you have some pictures of your Bargello Quilts, put them in the media section so we all can see them.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 842

Hi! My name is Rochelle. I am new to quilting and have fallen in love with Bargello quilts. I have a pattern from Clotilde that I want to try as it reminds me of my home state with Aspens and sunshine. I thought I had a book on Bargello quilting, but I can't find it right now.

Rochelle

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 335
Julie replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 7:40 AM

I love almost every Bargello quilt I see. Want to make one but have no idea how to choose colors. I think the best way is to start with fav color and go from there? Have several books and just need to jump into the pool and start w/a table runner. Too bad I have to go to work or I'd have fab for this new project! Looking foward to chatting with you quilters in the future.

Juile in NM

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35

Hi Arzella

I have never done a Bargello, but just bought some Jelly Rolls.  Hoping to use them for my first Bargello.

I was watching an Elanor Burns episode and became inspired.  Can't wait to get started    

Sweet Lilly

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025

Jelly rolls should cut down on your initial cutting time a lot.  Don't forget to post photos in the Media section for us to see what you're working on.

Margaret

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 335
Julie replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 8:21 PM

Never thought of using Jelly Rolls! See...learned something the first day here! Now i just need to focus on small project and away I and everyone else goes!

Page 2 of 5 (66 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use