Welcome to Bargello Group. Introduce yourself.

rated by 0 users
This post has 65 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella Posted: Fri, Jan 13 2012 2:37 PM

Welcome everyone to the new Bargello Quilt Group.  This is where we will share our ideas, suggestions, tips and triicks or any information related to the Bargello Quilt.  Feel free to post your pictures of your Bargello Quilt in the media section.  I am currently working on a quilt and I will post it as soon as I am finished with it.  Please feel free to introduce yourself and give us an idea of what you are working on.

• Post Points: 305
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 10:12 AM

Hi Arzella,

I dont think ive ever seen one of these quilts and would love to see how they're put together. Is there a book I need to get?  

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 10:41 AM

Hello Annie;

I first learned about the Bargello Quilts by watching Fons and Porter.  I'm quite sure there are a lot of books that give you instruction about how to put one together.  I am currently enrolled in a class at Quilt University on Bargello Quilting where you can learn as much as you can about the bargello quilts.  Take a look at our group picture at the top.  That is one example of a bargello quilt.  Of course you can also go on you tube and get instruction too.  There are a lot of different ways.  Once you have learned, you will love it.  To me I think it is a beautiful art form of quilting.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,291
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 2:38 PM

I took a class at the LQS.  Started a beautiful heart quilt, but it is now one of my UFOs.  I plan to get back to it this year. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,852
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 2:58 AM

Hello Arzella. When I first learned to quilt I took a lot of classes. A basic bargello was on of them. I arranged my pieces in a clam shell design. I have it quilted but have yet to add binding (don't like doing those). I'll look for it and post a photo. I just might entire it in the UFO challenge as well. It is almost 10 years old.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 6:53 PM

Ok Kris;

I'm looking forward to seeing it when you get finished with it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 10:10 AM

I'm working on my first Bargello quilt.  I'm not really using a pattern, just going by simple instructions on the basics that I've found online.  I'm hoping it turns to to be as easy as it looks.  Though I do admit, some that I've seen look quite complicated.

Margaret

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:14 PM

Margaret,

I just finished a small  hanging bargello quilt and it was quite easy.  I know you will do good at it.  I am doing classes at Quilt University here online to learn more about the bargello quilts.  This is a good place for you to check out.  Good luck with your sewing.  Keep us informed on your progress.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:16 PM

Patti;

Can you tell me about LQS and what it is?  Is it online to view?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,852
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 11:16 PM

Arzella,

LQS means Local Quilt Shop.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 9:51 PM

I made 2 bargello quilts some years back and plan one for this year for my daughter's SIL.  I've a book I'm going to use because I can't remember just how to go about it. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 525
Deloris replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:51 AM

Thank you for this group. I am somewhat a beginner and have always been fascinated by Bargello. I am looking forward to all the help this group will be posting.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 6:32 PM

Welcome Deloris;

Welcome to the Bargello group.  This is where you can share your ideas, thoughts and maybe patterns on the bargello.  I am currently take a class at Quilt University for the bargello quilt so I can learn as much as possible.   You will love being in this group.  Be Blessed

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 185
JHowson replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:45 PM

Hi Arzella,

Just found your Bargello Group with help from other members.  I have never done a Bargello but I find them fastinating.  Over this past weekend I started collecting some fabrics to start my first Bargello quilt.  Most patterns calls for 3/8 yds of fabric.  Is this really enough to buy if one has too straighten it etc.  The pattern I was thinking about is from a Billie Lauder book I just bought off Ebay.  Calls for 12 Fabrics.  I think I will check out the Quilt University that you have mentioned also....I'm a bit intimidated with the Bargello technique but want to learn. 

Judy from Northern Ky

Judy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,690
Debbie replied on Tue, Jan 24 2012 10:27 AM

Hi Arzella! 

I am thrilled to have found this group! I started a Bargello Heart Quilt ...WVU (West Virginia University) themed materials and colors. I have almost completed the top section of the heart, but am having trouble because one of my seams threw the whole thing off. Haha. 

But, I am not a quitter! I think the trouble began with my machine, actually. So I am waitiing to complete it when I get my new Baby Lock out of lay-a-way lol. 

Nice to meet you and I am looking forward to learning a lot in this group.

• Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 5 (66 items) 12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use