Baltimore Album Class

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 1,155
Cris Posted: Fri, Aug 6 2010 8:14 AM

I recently tooka a class with Marylou McDonald in Baltimore Album applique and learned a lot.  Tricky pieces with lots of parts?  Applique on non-fusible interfacing.  That way it is small and portable.  I keep my cut pieces in a miniture photo album, the small kind you can keep in a purse, in numbered order so that I can just pick the piece that I need when I need it.  I need to get what I think was called a thread dome, you can keep several threaded needles in it and keep the thread neat.  I bought a pattern from her for a huge quilt with lots of flowers and ships and seems to be massively overwhelming but I will do it one portion at a time and in about 20 years it will be done.  Time to start collecting fabric for it.  I think that I need to finish my class piece so that I have a better idea of how to go about this. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,509
gini replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:26 AM

cris, i buy fabric is 1/8 yd cuts for my applique.  i have one or two projects cut and in zipped folders ready to travel when i need to go somewhere in a hurry and need a ready-to-go- project.    i usualy iron the pieces in place on a piece of butcher paper, then stick them  in the folder.   gini

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,509
gini replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:28 AM

they go pretty quickly once i  have everything cut and ready to go.   i sewed a block every month.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:33 AM

Cris

Baltimore Album quilts are so beautiful.  I agree though that the large projects are very intimadating.  Just keep working one block at a time and you will have it finished in no time.  Would love to see pics of the piece you are doing.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use