Backyard Birds - Completed Quilt

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,381
Points 25,870
Patricia Faye Posted: Tue, Dec 1 2015 9:10 PM

This is my finished Backyard Birds Quilt.  I FMQ each block & it took several days to finish.  I'm happy with it  & may keep this one for me.  My Granddaughter may try & convince me that she "needs it!"  We'll see.  It's just the right size for snuggling up in while watching TV or hand sewing.

I used the same fabrics for the feather border that I used in the quilt.  

Here's the back of it.  I found this fabric with birds on it & knew it was meant for the backing.  It wasn't wide enough so I added a contrasting blue print.  (it really is centered!)  After adding the binding & the label & it was completed.

Hopefully those of you working on the Backyard Birds will finish yours too!  Please post when you do.

Ready for another appliqué project in 2016!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,511
Points 391,017
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 1 2015 9:32 PM

This is great Patricia Faye. You did a fantastic job of it. Thanks for taking the lead. I hope someday to get back to all these projects I've started.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,873
Points 420,234
gini replied on Sun, Dec 6 2015 5:25 PM

Wonderful job, Patricia faye

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,115
Points 69,560
Bonita replied on Sun, Dec 6 2015 5:47 PM

Great job Patricia Faye. well done hanging in for the finish.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 692
Points 12,810
Jan replied on Thu, Dec 10 2015 2:53 AM

I'm still working on mine. I love this one. I just got caught up in life and a surgery for DH. It is in the plans for a late January finish. You did a great job Patricia Faye. Are there any plans for a project for next year?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,381
Points 25,870

Thank you all for the nice compliments on this quilt.  It is a pretty quilt & I enjoyed working on each & every block.  Lots of times things get in the way of our sewing, but it's always waiting for us to get back to it. I find the handwork is an "escape" for me & helps me to relax.  

I believe Gini is coordinating the project(s) for next year - hard to believe 2016 is almost here!  

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 906
Points 15,085
Patricia4 replied on Thu, Dec 10 2015 11:44 AM

Patricia Faye, I just saw your finished quilt posting.  It is simply fabulous!  Really marvelous.  And you do deserve to keep it for yourself, although you may have to share it with your granddaughter - haha.

I did not participate on this one, but looking forward to seeing what's on the lineup for 2016.  Yes 2016 already....

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 13,640
Pat A replied on Tue, Dec 15 2015 4:36 PM

Patricia Faye - Love your quilt.  You did a wonderful job on it.  Very pretty.  One of these days I may be able to get back to mine. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,414
Points 45,865
ls2116 replied on Tue, Dec 15 2015 10:03 PM

Love your quilt.  I'd like to do one.  I always want to add a label to my quilts,  but have yet to do it at the time of completion.  How thoughtful you are to take the time to make one!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,381
Points 25,870

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.  This was a simple quilt and works up pretty quickly.  The most time consuming part was making & sewing the feather border, but in the end it was well worth the work.  

Is2116, I always take the time to make a label to add to the quilt. I learned to include that as one of the steps before quilting it.   I always wash the finished quilt in color water with a Color Catcher , but  if I give the quilt away, I include a Color Catcher Sheet with a note to  " Wash in cold water & use this Color Catcher the 1st time you wash your new quilt."    I guess this has become a habit!  

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.