Backyard Birds Block 3 - Green-Tailed Towhee

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,255
Points 24,985
Patricia Faye Posted: Fri, May 1 2015 8:33 AM

Happy 1st day of May to each of you.  Here is Block #3 and one of my favorites,   I can almost hear little musical notes coming from the birdie! So now I'm thinking of adding a few musical notes to the top of the block.  

This is a fairly simple block & will give you lots of practice with points & curves,  Of course there are some tiny pieces like the beak & the top knot on this little guy that may take a while longer to complete.  It did for me!

Sometimes I'm not to sure of the colors she's using for each bird.  It may be because of the small pictures in the booklet or my eye sight,   so I search for pictures of them online to get a better idea & go from there.   There are usually lots of them to pick from too. 

Can't wait to see what you all have done on yours!  

• Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 580
Points 11,240
Jan replied on Fri, May 1 2015 8:59 AM

Very nice Patricia Faye. I'm behind on the birds. I did start preparing the first 2 this week. Hopefully by the end of May I will be caught up.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,798
Points 140,720

Patricia Faye, great fabrics!  I loved doing this one. I'm actually a bit ahead as it's my "watching TV in the evening" project.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 244
Points 4,435

Nice block Patricia Faye.  I love your idea of the musical notes!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 244
Points 4,435

Very pretty Judy. Love your fabric selection.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,255
Points 24,985

Judy, love your fabrics too!  Love, love doing these little birdies!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,798
Points 140,720

Patricia Faye:

Judy, love your fabrics too!  Love, love doing these little birdies!

Thanks Janet and Patricia. I also love doing these and will be sorry when I'm finished. I think I'm an addictive person as I'm so fallen in love with needle turn. I've looked at her website but her other applique projects don't grab me as much. These are just sweet. I have a book of teapots and teacups and am considering doing them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,642
Kris replied on Fri, May 1 2015 4:37 PM

Patricia Faye your block is lovely. I really like your bird with his little red cap. I'd never heard of this bird before. He's beautiful.

I love the red flowers too. Nice work. I hope to work on my block two this weekend. I have a sew in planned tomorrow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,642
Kris replied on Fri, May 1 2015 4:44 PM

Judy love your bird and the funky fabrics in the flowers and leaves are fabulous. I'm so happy you're enjoying appliqué like you are. It always pleases me when someone takes to hand work of any kind. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,054
Points 71,585
Bonita replied on Fri, May 1 2015 9:34 PM

Patricia Faye, love your block. I never thought of of looking them up to see other blocks. I'll have to do that.

Judy, Love the colors and your work is just great looking. I'm still on block 2.

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 832
Points 14,210
Pat A replied on Sat, May 2 2015 5:15 PM

Judy and Patricia Faye.  Love your blocks.  So pretty.  You are both doing such nice work.  I'm still plugging along on Block 2.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,255
Points 24,985

I added 3 musical notes to my Green-Tailed Towhee so he is whistling a happy tune!  Here's my revision!

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,054
Points 71,585
Bonita replied on Mon, May 4 2015 7:56 PM

The musical notes are the perfect touch.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,798
Points 140,720

Patricia Faye. Bonita is right. The notes are a perfect touch. How fun!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 244
Points 4,435

I LOVE it!

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.