Thea Posted: Mon, Mar 9 2015 6:45 PM

Here you go!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,685
Points 419,209
gini replied on Mon, Mar 9 2015 6:52 PM

Thank you Thea,  I've been busy and haven't been online in a while.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,548
Points 136,345

I have mama bird appliqued on, except for her beak. I'm leaving that for a bit. May use a piece of wool. Will work on the leaves and nest this evening. So, those are eggs in the nest? I wasn't sure, thought they might be baby birds. I might think about making them baby birds instead of eggs.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,110
Points 21,150

Nice work, Judy.  Baby birds will be cute!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,997
Points 70,670
Bonita replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:54 PM

Pretty little yellow bird Judy. I wish I had seen your post before I traced the pattern onto the plastic overlay. Your way looks a lot easier.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,548
Points 136,345

Thanks Bonita and Patricia Faye. I have so fallen in love with needle turn. When Gini did a lesson in needle turn at the 2011 Leavenworth retreat, I figured it was just too tedious for someone as impatient as I am. Now I sure do wish I'd paid attention.

You hear that Gini? You were right, it IS enjoyable. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,707
Points 379,642
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 11 2015 12:15 PM

Judy that's a great start to your project. Nice background and pretty yellow for your bird. I haven't looked at the actual pattern yet. I'm hoping tomorrow. My day's gone I'm heading to work now.

I knew you'd get hooked on the needle turn once you started. You took so well to hand quilting. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,548
Points 136,345

Thanks Kris. Just think, if I'd never joined QCA I would never have met you, Gini and the others. I wouldn't be needle turning, paper piecing and attempting Dear Jane among so many other projects I never would have tried.

Next? Hand piecing? I don't think so, but guess I'd better never say never.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,707
Points 379,642
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 11 2015 7:21 PM

Judy that's one thing I will always be grateful to QCA for - all of you. I can't imagine never having met you, Nana, Gini, MARIE!, Diane (God rest her) and all the rest. The ones I haven't met in person but still mean so much to me every day. The  retreats. I don't know if I'd be needle turning either. I'm a Gini graduate. I wouldn't be doing these crazy hexagon projects without Frances across the pond.

You know I love hand piecing. I find it quite pleasurable and soothing. Must be why my blood pressure is so good no matter how stressed my life gets. It really takes me to a happy place. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,548
Points 136,345

Kris, Frances hasn't yet converted me to those crazy little hex's. But there have been moments that I've had a twitch.

If we ever get together again at a retreat, and I'm not too much longer in the tooth, I'd love to sit in on a hand piecing demo with you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,707
Points 379,642
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 12 2015 12:27 AM

It's a date Judy.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,415

I agree with you all. It's so fun to visit here and be able to share with each other. I've never been to a retreat, but I'd love to be able to go and meet you all in person. Even though I haven't been "here" much lately, I have enjoyed getting to know you all and being able to connect with other appliqueers (is that a word?). I hope to be back in the thick of things by the time you're ready to begin your next project. For sure let me know if you plan another retreat! Give me plenty of notice though. I will have to take time off and get there, LOL.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,415

I DID start a hexie project with my friend a few months ago and I am hand piecing it. Maybe I can share my progress on that even though it isn't applique!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,685
Points 419,209
gini replied on Thu, Mar 12 2015 3:25 PM

Judy great start.   You might like hand piecing.   I do it in front of the TV while sam is watching the news.  I can only listen to so much Fox News before I get twitchy and need something in my hands.

we are having another retreat in branson next year in March,   hopefully we can avoid the bad weather.  I would love to meet some of you there.    This has been a great place to  make quilty friends.  Kris I was trying to swing a trip to Maine so we could do lunch one day, but it hasn't worked out.  Maybe one day.  I miss you.   

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,548
Points 136,345

I have a question about the Mama Bird block. In the tiny picture of the completed block it looks like there are embroidered limbs. Am I right? Is anyone doing those? It looks a bit bare without the limbs. But, I think, if I do them, I won't do nearly as many as she shows. Here's my completed block at this point. 

• Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use