This post has 52 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,902
Kris replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 6:00 PM

Janet Yamamoto:
FF Block 3, finally finished!

Gorgeous block Janet. I like your blue butterfly.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 4,090

Thank you Kris!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Janet, you little stinker. Hahaha. Look at the plaid and polka dot butterfly. How stink in' cute is that?  ROTFLMAO  I can't believe Gini didn't comment on your use of plaid. You do excellent work and I always look forward to seeing your blocks. Hugs

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 4,090

Haha, thank you Maggie, I guess Gini was thinking about new babies and such, LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,904
gini replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 8:08 PM

i've been very busy.   your plaid butterfly is very cute.   

we have a new baby, sam's partner died unexpectedly 2 days before the baby was born, and my dad has been sick.   he's been in the hospital the last two days and i have been hanging out there, making sure mom is resting and eating.   sam is in seattle, transferring all the business stuff to his name.  and having meetings with the guys that work for him and the bank.   his partner's  kids and stepkids are not getting along and drag sam into every squabble, and   he's trying to run two hotels in branson.   the funeral is friday and i will most likely miss it.  i'm here helping the folks.  i have gotten the last block halfway finished, while waiting on dad and his tests.   whoever said retirement was relaxing?  were wrong. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Oh Gini, here comes a {{{Hug}}}. I remember when I wasn't working for 2 1/2 years. I couldn't figure out how I would have worked a full-time job in and still get every thing done. I had to go back to work to get some rest. LOL People who are bored during retirement obviously don't have any family or drama in their lives. I'm really sorry to here your family stuff and drama are happening all at once. And to make it harder, you and Sam can't be together to be each others "rock."

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 4,090

Thank you Gini for taking the time to comment. I'm so sorry there is so much hard stuff happening right now, but I'm happy that there is a baby to kind of brighten the difficult road. Wish there was something I could do to help make things easier, but I just seem to be at the wrong end of the country. You and your family is in my thoughts and prayers and I sincerely hope things go well with your Dad your husband can hang in there long enough to get things done and get out of the middle of the war. That's too bad. Better days ahead! Take care.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,904
gini replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 1:51 AM

we're muddling through.   the hardest part is being apart, with everything going on.  sam got some good elza cuddles tonight,  that helps.   he told me a cute story.   our daughter and partner, owen,  have never raised their voices to each other, they don't have fights or argue,  they are quite the cute couple.   they admitted to sam today that they have had to start yelling at each other for the first time in their relationship, to hear each other over elza's cries.  what?  what?  WHAT?

gini in north idaho

Page 4 of 4 (53 items) Prev1234
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use