LOCKING THREADS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini Posted: Sun, Mar 24 2013 3:20 PM

i am going to lock the threads for a bit.   it is hard to keep track of the threads  when we have more than one thread per block.    since we have two blocks of the month starting at nearly the same time,  i think this will avoid confusion.  

if you are having trouble finding the thread you want, it is because the sorting and filtering defaults to 1 month.  this means you can only see threads that are a month old.   

when you click on discussions, at the top of the discussions will be an option in red, "sorting and filtering".   you can fix your settings here to go back a year.  this is what you will see when you click on sorting and foitering.  .    you can hide topics you've read here, set a different time frame,  or sort by several different options. 

Sort by
  Last Post Date  Thread Author  Total Ratings  Total Views  Total Replies   in   Descending  Ascending   order
With date
  Show All  New since last visit  Newer than 1 Day  Newer than 2 Days  Newer than 3 Days  Newer than 1 Week  Newer than 2 Weeks  Newer than 1 Month  Newer than 2 Months  Newer than 3 Months  Newer than 6 Months  Newer than 1 Year 
With read status
  Show All  Hide topics I've read 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 3:23 PM

ok, it didn't copy it exactly like i copyed it,  but i hope you can see how to configure your posts.  like i said,  it defaults back to 1 or two months, so periodically  the time needs to be reset.   you can see i hide all the posts/topics i've already read.  when a new comment is posted it pops back up on my screen when i click on discussions.  

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 5:25 PM

Thanks Gini. Here's a graphic:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 5:26 PM

BTW,

this does not save even if you choose "Apply and Save" you have to do this every time you navigate away from the sorting page.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 7:14 PM

Thanks kris,  do you just shake your head at my lack of technical skills?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 8:08 PM

Not at all Gini. You have the skills that count.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use