Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Janet Yamamoto:

Jacy:

Nana:
Excuse me ladies but I want in one Gini's scraps too.

Unfortunately for you ladies, I live a lot closer to Gini than you all do.

I'm thinking I should volunteer my DS to come and empty her trash for her each week. I got a first job for my oldest DS empting trash and cleaning the bathroom at a fabric and craft store, he got a 25% discount which I used MANY times.

Haha, I guess we should fought over them a little more quietly.

You are too late ladies!  I've figured out a way to get those scraps and never leave home!  Hahaha 

Haha, Maggie, you need to share! Maybe we can use your technique with other venues!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

nice job Jan, very cute!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Jan, you've been listening to Gini!  I see you used plaid. Just too darn cute. I guess I'm going to have to try the plaid. Nice job!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Good job, Jan.  Your block is beautiful!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:24 PM

cute block, jan

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:25 PM

Jan, you've been listening to Gini!

well, at least one person here pays attention when i'm talking.   :  )

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Jan, cute block

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 453
Points 8,625
Jan replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:24 AM

Thanks everybody for the positive comments.  I am really having a great time doing these.  I can't wait to have the experience to feel comfortable moving on to more complicated things.  I think patience is the answer. Take the time to set it up right and it goes well.  That has been my problem in the past.  Total lack of patience.

Jan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,497
Points 47,955
Frances replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:53 PM

gini:

Jan, you've been listening to Gini!

well, at least one person here pays attention when i'm talking.   :  )

Gini, the problem is we do listen thats why i have too many applique projects on the go at a time. :-)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 12:09 AM

Jan:
Here is my Country Cottage 1.

Nice work Jan.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,018
Points 65,045
Robin replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 5:23 AM

Jan,

Very nice block.  

I have what is probably a stupid technical question.   I've not done a lot of needle turn applique so please for give me for my question.   

I'm still on block one and I'm stumped on how to do the snowman.   I can't find any wool locally and I notice that some of you didn't use wool for your snowman.  Are you needle turning him or fusing him?  and if you fuse him are you simply going ahead with the button stitch afterwards?  Sorry I'm just really lost what to do with this guy.   I thought about quitting instead of bothering you all with the question but I really want to understand this process.

Robin

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Robin, I used craft batting for my snowman, it is alot stiffer than quilting batting, it is what i use when i make a purse, i also just handstitched him down with the buttonhole stitch

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

Robin:

Jan,

Very nice block.  

I have what is probably a stupid technical question.   I've not done a lot of needle turn applique so please for give me for my question.   

I'm still on block one and I'm stumped on how to do the snowman.   I can't find any wool locally and I notice that some of you didn't use wool for your snowman.  Are you needle turning him or fusing him?  and if you fuse him are you simply going ahead with the button stitch afterwards?  Sorry I'm just really lost what to do with this guy.   I thought about quitting instead of bothering you all with the question but I really want to understand this process.

Robin

Robin, I don't think that is a dumb question at all and that is what we're all here for! I didn't have any white wool either, so I just used craft felt. I think I'm going to make my blocks into wall hangings, so they won't be laundered, but as far as using fabric, I think that would work just fine. And yes, I think your idea of fusing and blanket stitch afterwards would be great. needleturn would work fine too, just depends on how you want it to look. Don't give up. I want to see your block!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 8:52 AM

Robin, we are here to help you, that is why we are doing this quilt together.   ask all the questions you can think of,  up to a couple thousand or so,  After that we get kinda testy.   I'm sure that's why some folks get irritated at me. I asked so many questions about technical issues when I first joined.  Kris is still patting me on my head and answering my pleas for help.

Remember, this is your quilt.  You can make your snowman any way you want.  There is no wrong or right way.   Wool is very to expensive to buy in a quilt shop.   I buy old clothes in thrift stores, cut them apart and felt the wool myself.  

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 16,680

Robin, I used a piece of white on white fabric for the snowman & it turned out fine.  Like Gini said, "Remember, this is your quilt.  You can make your snowman any way you want.  There is no wrong or right way."

Just have fun with it.  Please don't quit on it if something is frustrating you.  Find a work around!

Page 10 of 15 (220 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use