WILDFLOWERS BLOCKS FOR JULY - CALIFORNIA WILD ROSE

rated by 0 users
This post has 125 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 7:35 AM

gini this is beautiful, One of these days I'll get back to mine .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 7:36 AM

Stephaine ,this is beautiful ,and I to love the backgroup .fabulous idea using the letter for the background. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Thank you every one for the lovely comments. You are so kind and encouraging.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:39 AM

Barbara:

gini this is beautiful, One of these days I'll get back to mine .

Barbara, I hear you.  I just cut out my next flower to start.  Did the first 4 quickly but then stopped.  Hope this motivates me to keep it going.   After seeing Pearl's Wildflower quilt in person at my LQS that has since closed, I was inspired to complete the whole thing before I start my holiday sewing. Pretty ambitious, I know and probably not going to happen, but I can dream, right??

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,509
gini replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 1:30 PM

one a week isn't overly ambitious, that'll take 5 months just for the blocks for you to finish.  2 a week isn't too ambitious either, then you'ld have time to do  the pretty border.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 9:35 AM

Oh Gini Your right ,I have to get on the ball ,I love these ,I just need to do them.I have the fabric ,it's just I get busy with other things and forget about them, my bad ..I think I might start over since I only have two done ,I like the darker backgrond much better then the light.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,312
Points 113,560
Linny t replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:04 PM

Stephanie, I missed this post.  It's beautiful!  It's hard to believe this is your first try at applique.  It looks to me like you have a natural ability for it.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:09 PM

I just about have this flower finished ,why do they have to put all those little points on the leaves ,they drive me nuts ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,509
gini replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 3:21 PM

barbara, who said you couldn't have rounded leaves.   if they are that much of a pain for you to do, redraw them to a shape you are more comfortable with.   i bet you, that once your quilt is togther, nobody will say, " well look at that, how lazy of her, she rounded all of her leaves".

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 4:49 PM

Oh gini I'm going to do that I just can't get the hang of all those points and then my leaves look sloppy, and I hate that,   Gonna do that on my next one. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
Stephanie, I missed this post. 

Thank you Linny. You're so sweet to say that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Barbara:

Oh gini I'm going to do that I just can't get the hang of all those points and then my leaves look sloppy, and I hate that,   Gonna do that on my next one. Barbara

Barbara,

I couldn't get all the points either. I think that's going to come with practice. Gini's suggestion is great, isn't it? We put way too much pressure on ourselves to be perfect the first time.  Just look at how far you've come with FMQ by practicing. You've been an inspiration to us all to just dive in and try something new.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

gini:

barbara, who said you couldn't have rounded leaves.   if they are that much of a pain for you to do, redraw them to a shape you are more comfortable with.   i bet you, that once your quilt is togther, nobody will say, " well look at that, how lazy of her, she rounded all of her leaves".

I know I sure won't be saying that. LOL. Thanks for this. I know you were replying to Barbara, but when I read it a light bulb seemed to go off. I don't think I realized before you said this that I don't look to see if everyone's blocks are perfect. I look to see  the beauty in them.      

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:38 PM

Barbara, we all do our blocks the best we can and it is OK if you can't do the points. Each one of us may do the same flower and yet each is different. That is what makes each and every block an original - just as each person is an original.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 9:12 PM

You are all so good, now I won't have to feel guilty cause I can get those points ,maybe someday it will come to me ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 2 of 9 (126 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use