This post has 34 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,352
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:05 AM

Lillie,

I think you meant to aim this at Gini.

I create and edit PDFs and I like to play around with photo editing Therefore I have Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop Elements on two Macs. I'm also learning to use both programs to design quilts. I have EQ7 but I think there's more freedom with Adobe.

Do you still use Illustrator? Are you on a Mac or PC? 

I think Gini does her drawing by hand. She can scan these into her computer and save them as PDFs for sharing or for later use.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,352
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:13 AM

gini:
and leads to my next problem,   i can never find the stuff i've saved,  sometimes i stumble on it haphazzardly.    if i can't get something in favorites,  it doesn't get saved. 

Gini,

Next time you download something, instead of just clicking "save" change the name of the file and tell the computer where to save it.  I have a folder called "Quilting Etc" where I save all my quilty stuff. I also have sub folders in that big folder with the names of the various sites and blogs I download from. Makes everything easier to find.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:23 AM

If you want to save something from the internet, highlight it, right click on "copy" and then go to Documents, open a new folder, put a title on it, open it and right click "paste".  Very easy. 

Emily

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Mon, Dec 12 2011 2:56 AM

i have things saved all over and i stumble on them occasionally,   i'll have to get someone to show me just how to do all that.  i never know where they go.   i save them and can't find them again, unless i'm not looking for them.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 100
Points 2,120
Cathy replied on Mon, Dec 26 2011 9:57 AM

Kathy

I have taken many classes from well known applique teachers, and I took a little something from each one. My favorite technique for the actual needleturn, is Nancy Pearson's technique. I think you can teach yourself to applique. The way I first learned, I cut a stack of 6-1/2" muslin blocks and cut hearts to fit. I started appliqueing them and in the beginning it was horrible, but by the time I got a nice stack of hearts, I could see an improvement in my stitches. Doing hearts you have the points, curves, and valley to practice on. 

Good luck with your applique- be sure to show us what you are working on!

cathy

Page 3 of 3 (35 items) Prev123
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use