rated by 0 users
This post has 1,440 Replies | 52 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 1:28 PM

Thanks jacy

we will be making garden party starting in January.    

I will post the first block then.  We will be doing a block a month on the smaller blocks, but when we get to the bigger blocks, we will slow it down a bit.  Maybe doing the bigger blocks and the outer appliqué in two month installments.   That should give us enough time to have the appliqué done by October or November.  These are big pieces, for the most part.   The only tricky part about this pattern is the construction.    There are appliqué pieces that overlap onto other blocks.   Not an issue with machine appliqué, but a little trickier with hand appliqué.    I will be doing hand appliqué.

we are going to keep the pace of this project slower, so no one will feel pressured to get it done in a hurry.

if you haven't already ordered your book, you might want to get it now so you can start planning and gathering fabrics.

the buggy barn had kits available last year, I'll check and see if they still have some.  Nope, no kits available.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,985
Jacy replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 1:43 PM

gini:
we will be making garden party starting in January.

We should announce this in a general forum where more people can see it.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 1:44 PM

Barbara, we usually do one big project each year.    Patricia Faye has been kind enough to  find and take the lead on  some smaller and easier projects from free patterns she finds online.   You can join in on any or all of the projects we do.  This group is open to everyone.  The more the merrier.

we love to see everyone's work.   If you are working on other appliqué projects, please post them here for all of us to ooh and ahh over.   I also like to learn how other folks go about the business of designing and planning their future projects, how you decide on fabrics, etc.   if you have any  tips or advice, please feel free to post them here.

the way the projects work in this group is,  I will work the first block then post it at the beginning of the month.  I will open a thread for that block and any tips or problems or design decisions, I will post at the same time.   Then you will have the next month to make that block.    You can work ahead if you want, but I will only open the thread when the block is due.   you will be able to post your block then.  This is a pretty laid back group.  If you get behind it's no big deal, we all have busy lives.

i picked garden party, because quite a few of us already have the pattern.   For future group projects, 2015 and beyond, I'm open to suggestions.  I know Patricia Faye will have some smaller projects for us throughout the year.

by the way Patricia Faye,  I almost have my table topper appliquéd.  It should be done by Wednesday.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 1:45 PM

I will jacy.  I pm'd you

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 635
Points 8,920

Thank you, Jacy and Gini

You can count me in on the project.  I have just finished ordering the book from Amazon.  I am looking forward to the fun of a new applique project

Barbara

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 4:08 PM

Oh goody, I'm glad you are joining us Barbara

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,287
Points 25,925

I'll be joining in too.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 27,445
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 10:05 PM

I will be joing the January 2014 appliqué group.  I inherited an unfinished appliqué project from my sisters deceased MIL.  There was one completed block with a total 4 16x16 blocks.  All the pieces were already cut.  This is only my second appliqué project.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 10:26 PM

all the hard work is done elizabeth.  the stitching is the easy part. 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 310

Elizabeth-that is so nice!  Can't wait to see the finished project.  A quilt like this is on my bucket list :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 628
Points 12,030
Jan replied on Tue, Nov 12 2013 1:19 PM

I am hoping to join as well.  I am sad that my other one is not finished.  With the arm out of commission for 4 months I haven't had much of a choice.  The end is in sight though. By Christmas I should be out of splints braces and casts. 

Jan in Rochester NY

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,140
Liz replied on Tue, Nov 12 2013 3:30 PM

hi i ordered my garden party book yesterday, i am hoping to join this group, get some tips and learn new techniques

gee jan i hope you heal well and are able to join the garden party

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,791
Points 420,634
gini replied on Tue, Nov 12 2013 3:35 PM

jan, you have had a long recovery,  i hope you are well enough to join us on the new quilt

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 12 2013 7:37 PM

Elizabeth:
 All the pieces were already cut.  This is only my second appliqué project.

It would be nice if they all came that way LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,166
Points 387,662
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 12 2013 7:45 PM

Speedy healing Jan. The party will still be going when you're ready. 

Page 81 of 97 (1441 items) «Prev7980818283Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.