rated by 0 users
This post has 1,309 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 3:45 AM

Gini,

Ive not forgotten my Applique, im working on the first block of fantasy flowers, still working on wildflowers and my hawaiian 12 days of christmas quilt, and ive just ordered this book im not a big fan of sunbonnet sue but because these are so different i really like these.

so with all these and the epp quilt and the loyal samler quilt, and sylvias bridal sampler  I should have enough to keep me going for a while.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,724
Points 66,480
Bonita replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 8:44 AM

Patricia Faye, what a great quilt, and nice that your son helped.

Frances, love the grown up Sues.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

Well, I'm on block 3 of Fantasy Flowers. I thought my needle turn method was going ok but ends up I hate it. 😪 I'm determined to finish this block but will be re-doing the block with my freezer paper starch method for the actual quilt. My cottages have been put on the back burner until after Christmas. Just too much to do. LOL. of course what quilter doesn't have tons of UFOs?  

I vowed to keep up on the Mystery Quilt 9, 16 Teddy Bear quilts cut out and ready to assembly line sew, starting Granddaughters' halloween costumes, working on RR, and making additions to doggy life jacket. Oh my, I never seem to get ahead of the game!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

Frances, I was never a fan of Sue until the International Sues came out. I love them. I have the book and hope to start on it someday.

I forgot to mention I also started on the Garden Patch Cats and Bloomin' Dogs from the Helene Knott's series from StoryQuilts.com 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 175
Ray J replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 4:56 PM

I'm wondering when a new group quilt will be started. I see that you've worked on Country Cottages, Wildflowers, and Fantasy Flowers. I suppose I could start one of those, but if a new quilt will be started soon, I'll just wait. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

Ray J:

I'm wondering when a new group quilt will be started. I see that you've worked on Country Cottages, Wildflowers, and Fantasy Flowers. I suppose I could start one of those, but if a new quilt will be started soon, I'll just wait. 

It will be next year before Gini is ready to start a new quilt.  There are at least three in the works right now.  I would suggest that you pick one of the ones in progress and join in.  We would love to see your progress.  Plan to start a new quilt around February 2014.

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 115
raelene replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 7:35 PM

hi, can some one tell me how to participate in the applique group  i've just joined .i'm terrible with computers and just can't find my way around  regards raelene

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 9:51 PM

hi ray j.   we will start another quilt next year.   there are several in the works right now you could join in on.  several of us are only half done on the wild flowers quilt.   i just finished fantasy flowers, but several of us are only half done.  

are you an accomplished, beginnner, intermediate?   appliquer.  patricia faye has a quilt going on right now,  country cottages.  they are fun to do and pretty easy. 

i give us plenty of time to get the pattern selected and get your things ready for the next project.  

and, we are very happy to have you here with us.  we would love to see some of your work when you get the posting picture thing figured out. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 9:57 PM

raelene,  you are participating.  you have joined and posted a comment,  you are here and participating.  now,  do you want to know how to join in on the projects?   you find the project you are interested in and get started.  the first pages of any thread of topic of discussion will have most of the info you need.  by the way, this is a thread we are talking on now.   it is the thread, general discussion in discussions in the applique group.  

you will work your way around the site and i promise it gets easier.  if you have any questions about how to find something, just ask.  there are lots of willing helpers here.  i had lots of help navigating the site when i first joined and i occasionally get stumped even now. 

we will be starting a larger project next year together.  we all start together, the finishing is up to you.  patricia faye is pondering a fall project that we can get done quickly before  christmas.   

welcome to the gang, i hope you enjoy your time here. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 9:59 PM

the only "sue" quilt i like is the one with the twelve months of doomed sue. 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 115
raelene replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:31 PM

hi every one , are there listed projects, are they ones ,one has to buy or free .is it raw edge or turn needle ?. i have never done it but hope to have a go .wouldn't have a clue to what i'm doing .i have done a top of raw edge applique and have only the appilque on the border to finish .regards raelene

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

Gini, doomed sue, ROTFLMAO!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 899
Points 16,650

Welcome new members!  This is a great group!  

The Country Cottages project was a free 2012 BOM from  Shabby Fabrics and in March 2013 is no longer free.  It can be purchased from shabbyfabrics.com for $24.00 plus shipping.   They are funs blocks to work on & you can create an adorable quilt or individual blocks!   As far as what method of appliqué to use, that is up to you.  For beginners there are lots of tutorials on the internet, some great how to books & the perhaps a class at your local quilt store.  This site is also a great resource for you when you need help or encouragement. I use the spray starch method & non-meltable mylar for my templates.  

Proposed Fall Project(s)

As Gini mentioned in a previous post  I've been looking for a quick & easy holiday table topper or runner we could start as a Fall Project in October & finish up by early December!  I found 2 free ones on www.free-quilting.com:   (1) Festive Holly Table Cover designed by Julie Weaver and (2) Apples & Pears Candle Mat designed by Marian Shenk.

Both of these are beginner level projects.  You will need to join Free-Quilting.com but it is free & has lots of other free patterns.   Please check them out to see if you are interested in doing one or both of them as our Fall Project.  

Please let me know if you are interested in these as a Fall Project by Friday, 9/20.

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 6:12 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
doomed sue, ROTFLMAO!

i can't remember the name, maggie.   have you seen it?  it is pretty funny. 

MichiganMSUMuseum-a0a0a2-f_8092.jpg

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 6:13 PM

http://museum.msu.edu/glqc/quilt%20jpegs/2001.158.01.jpg

here's the link, only one block showed up when i tried to link it. 

gini in north idaho

Page 75 of 88 (1310 items) «Prev7374757677Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use