GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,366 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:23 AM

Gini, sorry to hear about your Dad. Hopefuly they can do something to help him soon. Seems like you all have enough on your plate right now.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,969
gini replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 4:59 PM

maggie, you are too funny,    abnormal is the normal for my life.  

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Tell me about this Garden Party. Is it a pattern or a book. Who is it by/ How can I find it. I have been neglectful of this group and have spent the last 2 hours reading all the pages.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 937
Points 17,445

It's a pattern from The Buggy Barn. You can view & order from their web site.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Thank you, Patricia. I will take a look.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

The pattern for garden party appears to be in the book"crazy for appliqué. Is that correct, or am I not finding the right pattern?

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,969
gini replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:59 AM

That sounds right, Elaine.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,969
gini replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:59 AM

That sounds right, Elaine.  

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Thanks, Gini, have you started it yet? I have been AWOL from this group for a while. I will order the book and see what happens.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,969
gini replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 12:59 AM

I'm thinking about September, to give us time to get everything together. Several of us already have the pattern and/or the kit.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,969
gini replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 1:07 AM

Dad was looking chipper and mom was doing fine, so I came to Seattle for a day  to be at Elza's  naming ceremony.   In my absence, they released dad from the hospital and my aunt, Judy,  whom I put on charge of mom and dad, unbeknownst to me had an appointment with her cardiologist today.   Thursday, the day my dad has an appointment with the colo-rectal guy, my aunt is having an angioplasty.    My other aunt called and said she was taking Judy to the hospital, because judy didn't want to bother  her husband who is somewhere off the coast of British Columbia fishing.    Thank goodness I only planned to be here one day.

Tomorrow I am off early to head for home.   I got some great baby squeezing in today.   Amie brought her out to the shed for me to cuddle early this morning, while they caught some extra zzzzs.  And I got to nap with her for a few hours on the couchthis afternoon.   We both needed the down time.  elza was cranky, and sleeping with a newborn on my chest, is about as good as it gets.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 310

Wow Gini-gotta love family-especially when it seems like you are the one doing all the work-I've been there.  Glad you did get some cuddle time.  Your family is in my prayers and I'm glad your dad was able to be released from the hospital.  Hope things settle down soon:)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

gini:
 elza was cranky, and sleeping with a newborn on my chest, is about as good as it gets.

gini, this has to be the closest thing to heaven.  Good for you!

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

A

gini:

I'm thinking about September, to give us time to get everything together. Several of us already have the pattern and/or the kit.

Thanks, Gini, I have the book ordered so I should be able to start in September. I need another project like I need another hole in my head but I need to get back into appliqué with a group. Maybe I can keep it going this way. 

Good to hear your dad has been released from the hospital. Soor your life seems so full of crises these days. Seems like when it rains it poors. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,969
gini replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 2:08 AM

home again, home again, jiggedy jog.   sam is still in seattle.  he flies out tomorrow for branson, then back to seattle on the weekend.   if everything goes well here, i'll drive over and pick him up.

gini in north idaho

Page 66 of 92 (1367 items) «Prev6465666768Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use