GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,340 Replies | 51 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,039
Points 13,220

Gini, enjoy your trip.  We have farmers markets here that include everything from organic fruits and veggies to crafts and music. They are very refreshing and enjoyable. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,039
Points 13,220

NANA, get in touch with LaShawn. She hasn't heard from you and is concerned. I couldn't tell her if her quilt was in the mail or not.  Hope all is okay with you!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Wed, May 22 2013 11:34 PM

Rain rain rain, wind sun raIn.  It's seattle.   I got the birthing room (barn/shed) as clean as it will get.  This is the birthing center.  We walked the preggers girl up to the farmer's market and back, so she was tuckered.  I learned how to take care of the hens, which bin all the garbage gets separated into and where they go.  I learned how to operate the washer and dryer and where all the cleaning supplies are hidden.  This is a very green household and some of the cleaning agents are non-recognize able to me.   I made it to a small quilt shop that just opened a few blocks form the house.   Made some good purchases for the flowers on my next fantasy block.  And best,  I got a lot of time to visit with amie, we've had a great couple of days, and so far they aren't 't sick of me.   

Tomorrow I get to scrub down the bathrooms, then I am free for the day.  I think I will check out a couple more quilt shops up north.   Friday the midwife is coming for last minute details.  We are going out to dinner with some ski buddies, then Saturday I am off for home.    With the weather cooled down, my room, ie. the barn/ shed is a bit frigid, but I love having a cold nose at night.   I am getting to visit a lot of my old quilts.   They are piled on my bed.    Two days of ibuprophin has happied up my old bones on this hard bed, I think tomorrow I'll be fine.  No rats have nibbled my toes yet and I am thinking of opening the barn doors for the night, but maybe I am not quite that brave.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

gini, it sounds wonderful.  You need a nose mitten!  haha 

MelodyP

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 310

Hi Everyone!  I have been reading all the posts and seeing all these beautiful blocks from Fantasy Flowers and Country Cottages!  Love them all:)  I am working on Country Cottages but I'm slow... Only have first 3 blocks done.  It seems I saw a quilt from someone on here a while back called "Home Is Where The Heart Is"  I love that quilt and was wondering where you got the pattern.  I am taking a class on "Stitcher's Garden" which is another pattern from Lynda Howell who did Home is where the Heart Is.  Would love the do it too!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Thu, May 23 2013 10:45 PM

Alicia, those are both very cute patterns

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,039
Points 13,220

Gini, I am really enjoying your descriptions of your adventures!  You should post a few pics so we get the full effect.  I'd really like to see that bed stacked with quilts.  ;-D

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Sat, May 25 2013 11:11 PM

Pi'm home.   I'll post pictures tomorrow

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Mon, May 27 2013 5:24 PM

here's my bedroom

that's a climbing wall behind my bed that leads to a loft. i didn't get the pictures until i was ready to leave.  maggie, you can see a pile of quilts on the couch.   this is going to be the birthing room.  they refer to it as a barn, so i think i am going to actually have a granddaughter that is born in a barn. 

here's my haul

the red plaid and blue plaid on the left are new backgrounds for applique, the rest are for my appliques. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:48 PM

gini:
here's my bedroom

Gini,

that's so cool.

gini:
the red plaid and blue plaid on the left are new backgrounds for applique, the rest are for my appliques. 

Very nice.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,039
Points 13,220

Gini, how cool and creative is that "barn?"  LOL I had to laugh when I saw that yellow color. My bedroom is painted the same color with red and green accents (French country). The color was called Sunshine. It is bright and cheery during the day and dark at night (which was a pleasant surprise).   That is one huge stack of quilts!  The climbing wall is cool and I noticed the quilt theme accents by the barn doors. Your stash additions look great. It's amazing what we come home with!  I think the room would work as a fantastic sewing room (with a little additional lights). Hahaha

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,039
Points 13,220

Hey, where is Star?  Everything ok with the grand-babies?  I know one was home and one was still in the hospital. Hope all is okay. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 11:36 AM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Hey, where is Star?  Everything ok with the grand-babies?  I know one was home and one was still in the hospital. Hope all is okay. 

Hi everyone,  I'm still here.  They gave a a big project to do while working, so I've had less time to work on quilting. For those who don't know, I work tech support from home. 

Should finish two baby quilts this week, then on to the nursery sets, then back to block 1 of the appliqué. It's about half sewed down.

I've been following the posts And laughing at Gini's adventures. Hope all goes well with the birth in the barn. Love it! That is something I would have considered back in the day. 

The babies are great!  Both home the same week and still gaining. They are fat little things now, considering they were three months early and weighed 2lbs at birth. Here are Alexis on left and Lily on the right. 

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 11:54 AM

Wow, Star! They're adorable! Is it my imagination, what they're wearing, or is Alexis quite a bit bigger than Lily?  Pictures don't always give the whole story.

I haven't been here much lately. Working hard on getting ready for the Buggy Babes retreat in a couple of weeks as I'm helping Linda with it this year. I'm still sporadically working on my Wildflowers but a lot of other things have gotten in the way so I'm nowhere near where I should be on it :-(

Here's a couple of things I've been working on:

I'll try to take a few minutes this week to update my photos!

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 2:53 PM

Yes Sheila, Alexis, twin a, is about 1.5 lbs bigger than Lily. They are not identical twins. One has blue eyes and one brown. It will be fun to watch them grow.  Just so lucky to have the chance to watch them grow up.  The miracle of modern medicine..

Page 61 of 90 (1341 items) «Prev5960616263Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use