GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,274 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 4,090

That sounds fun! I'd love to get together with some of you all and meet up in person. We'll have to keep in touch about that and plan a time when we can all be there together and do a shop hop! Between Provo and Logan there are plenty of wonderful Quilt shops we could go visit!

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Sat, May 18 2013 6:38 PM

I think we are all running pillar to post.  How come quilters are always so busy??  I just got back from Virginia visiting my sister.  She keeps her house at 63 degrees around the clock.  I came home with an icicle dangling from my nose.  I live in Florida so guess what I'm used to.  Now I am back trying to work on Wildflowers.  I am bound and determined to get this finished before I die.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 4,090

Oh Emily! I am glad you are home, thawing out! No wonder you can't stitch if your fingers are icicles! Can't wait to see your Wildflowers!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,126
Points 411,209
gini replied on Sat, May 18 2013 7:05 PM

Emily, you can't have that many blocks left.  You'll finish them in no time.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Sat, May 18 2013 7:15 PM

I am actually on the border.  I didn't have so much trouble with the flowers as I am with the borders.  Today was a bad day - everything went wrong.  I will have to work on it that much harder - stupid corners!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, May 18 2013 9:40 PM

I have been working on a round robin border....my last quilt thank heavens...LOL>   I have been doing some applique but no pattern just sort of freeform.   Got this whole fairly large section finished and then decided I didn't like it.   So I have been unappliqueing this evening.   Not nearly as much fun....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,126
Points 411,209
gini replied on Sun, May 19 2013 12:06 AM

no, no, no. don't undo it.  put it away for a few weeks, you'll like it when you get it back out again.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sun, May 19 2013 12:19 AM

Gini

I can't just let it set until I decide I like it.   Have to get it finished and in the mail....LOL>   Truly this part of my idea just didn't work the way I thought it would.   But that's ok I have more plans to finish it up.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Nana:

Gini

I can't just let it set until I decide I like it.   Have to get it finished and in the mail....LOL>   Truly this part of my idea just didn't work the way I thought it would.   But that's ok I have more plans to finish it up.

Nana, that's my quilt so let it sit!  LOL by the time you pull it out again you will know where to go with it. ;-). Ripping is the pits and you can usally turn it into something you like. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,126
Points 411,209
gini replied on Sun, May 19 2013 3:03 PM

instead of ripping could you applique over all or part on the stuff that is on there

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sun, May 19 2013 8:27 PM

Gini

Actually the part I was unhappy with wasn't that hard to take off.   I have about got it all figured out now.   Maggie will just have to be patient because this one is being stubborn....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 675

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had an occasion recently to try to get back some ironed off Frixon pen markings.  Yes, if you put it in the freezer, the marks reappear.  I don't know exactly how long it takes as it was in the freezer for more than a day.  Gini is correct about the pens leaving a residue on your fabric.  I used using the Frixon pen to trace a reverse applique picture and then the Fons&Porter white or  grey "lead" pencil to mark the fold line.  I cut on the trace line so it won't show and the Fons&Porter pencil marks rub off fairly easily.  

I'm enjoying everyone's blocks.  Only did the first block of the cottages.  Decided that I didn't like doing them so won't do any more.  I really like the flower applique, but am not sure I am ready for it yet.  I am working on the Christmas picture with the reverse applique and enjoying all your posts.  Everyone's work and fabric choices are awesome.

Leslie on Vancouver Island

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,126
Points 411,209
gini replied on Tue, May 21 2013 10:29 AM

I had an I eventful drive to Seattle. Timing is everything.   I left late enough to miss morning rush inspokane and arrived early enough to miss the Seattle rush. 

PI have been relegated to the shed.  The bed was too hard for the preggers girl.     It is wonderful out here. It is a huge room with windows all over and mirrors where there are no window,   It's like being in a tree house, everywhere I look there are leaves and trees. Last night I saw a glowing ball that changed colors outside, I opened the door to,check it ou and it wasn't there.  It relized I must be looking at one of the mirrors, turned around and couldn't see it in the room.   Hummm?    Finally I figured out the mirror was tilted and I was looking into owen's office. Mystery solved.  100% chance of rain today, so I don't have to weed today.  I think we are off to markets so I know where to shop for the best organic foods.   We went to the PCClast night.  I miss Seattle markets so much.  In a tiny little store there were more varieties of veggies than I see in a year in all four of our grocery stores combined.   

No rats nibbled my toes last night,  there are huge gaps under the doors.  I asked if the kitty wanted to spend the night with me, but amie said he was a  fraidy cat and wouldn't be any help if,a rat came in to visit.    Owen fixed my rheostat last night    He was tickled to have a new electronic puzzle,to,solve.  He is very handy.  When Sam takes a look at things like that, they end up broken.   

I need to get out of bed and locate the ibuprofen.  It takes a few days for my old bones to adjust to the hard beds here.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

gini, I hope you enjoy yourself.

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Nana:

Gini

Actually the part I was unhappy with wasn't that hard to take off.   I have about got it all figured out now.   Maggie will just have to be patient because this one is being stubborn....LOL>

Nana, just call me Jobe Junior!  You are Jobe. Hahaha. I ran into a bump on yours too. I couldn't get my corner blocks to align so I put it away for two days. Today it dawned on me how to fix it. I took my cue from Captain Kirk. If you can't win, change the rules. I'm going to CHEAT!  ROTFLMBO. But I work Tuesday thru Friday, 10.5 hour days so by the time I get home and do chores I'm just too pooped to think. Come on Saturday morning. ;-D. I've got a plan!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 60 of 85 (1275 items) «Prev5859606162Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use